Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Mercari

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 8:28 am
Good Morning,

I was wondering if anyone on Ima has experience using Mercari. I started selling some of the stuff around my house now during Covid when I had the extra time and needed the extra income. It seems that my account was suspended last week with no explanation. I've tried contacting them through the help center but all I get back is "a member will reach out to you shortly".
This is very frustrating for me especially as I keep getting likes and inquiries about my items and I can't respond to them.
If anyone had similar experience and was able to resolve please let me know.
Thanks a lot!

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:41 am
I use it! I haven't had any issues but I've heard of others being suspended - did the email say something about needing to verify your identity? I know when you hit a certain # in sales they ask you to verify who you are. I've also heard people get suspended if multiple people are using the same address (like someone else in your household is also using the app). Unfortunately I don't think there's anything to do other than keep reaching out. Hope it gets resolved quickly!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:05 am
icedcoffee wrote:
I use it! I haven't had any issues but I've heard of others being suspended - did the email say something about needing to verify your identity? I know when you hit a certain # in sales they ask you to verify who you are. I've also heard people get suspended if multiple people are using the same address (like someone else in your household is also using the app). Unfortunately I don't think there's anything to do other than keep reaching out. Hope it gets resolved quickly!

I saw all the other mixed reviews before I started but figured it's not much risk so may as well try. Once it was going well I sold some more (about 15-20 items). I bought a few things as well.
That makes sense. I had a feeling it was something like that because my brother and sister both ordered stuff on my account and then the week later it was closed. Very annoying that they'd suspend it over that.
I reached out multiple times and am almost giving up on my $ but it's a pity because it was going well and I have other items I'd like to sell.
Thank you for your help.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:00 pm
Wow! I've been selling on mercari for about 2 years and never had such a problem!
Did you get an email explaining why it was suspended?

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:01 pm
If your account is suspended how are your items still up?

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:01 pm
What's your username? I can check and see if your account looks suspended from the outside.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:19 pm
Thanks for the help, mama bear!
They did not send any email at all. When I tried replying to messages I got "activity not allowed" so I then tried figuring out why and realized my account was suspended. I tried promoting items and to cash out what I have but those weren't either allowed.
It looks like my items are listed but if you want to try to message me about an item or something like that would be cool. Don't know how it would help me get my account reinstated though.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 3:49 pm
Try listing on poshmark instead. They take a bigger percent but their customer service is great.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Try listing on poshmark instead. They take a bigger percent but their customer service is great.

Thanks! I debated a few platforms but it's really cheap junk around the house and Mercari lists easiest. Also at this point I want to retrieve the money Mercari is holding onto.

trixx

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 3:58 pm
I've heard of ppl getting suspended and losing all their money. Customer service is pretty bad. Sorry hope you get your funds.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 4:35 pm
Take a look at their terms of service if you haven't.

https://www.mercari.com/us/hel.....nduct

How did your family access your account - why did they do that rather than using their own account.

Without knowing exactly what they did, it's hard to know which of the terms you violated since there are several which would might cover their feeling the transactions by your family were done for some kind of fraudulent reason. I am not saying there were fraudulent but generally the on-line platforms have certain indicia of fraud which would have gotten triggered in some way.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 5:45 pm
Amarante wrote:
Take a look at their terms of service if you haven't.

https://www.mercari.com/us/hel.....nduct

How did your family access your account - why did they do that rather than using their own account.

Without knowing exactly what they did, it's hard to know which of the terms you violated since there are several which would might cover their feeling the transactions by your family were done for some kind of fraudulent reason. I am not saying there were fraudulent but generally the on-line platforms have certain indicia of fraud which would have gotten triggered in some way.

Mama bear, I got your messages, thank you for trying. The app won't let me answer.
To poster above- they wanted video games. They used this app on my phone because their house rules don't allow going on the internet and this was ok. They do the same when ordering shoes from Macy's.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:27 pm
I liste on ebay, poshmark, mercari, and kidizen. You can definitely list on poshmark too. You'll have less aggravation.
Another rule of thumb is to take out your money from mercari as soon as possible. I don't trust them enough to hold on to my money.
I hope your problem gets ironed out very soon.
(HUGS)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics