Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
One year old eye color

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:51 pm
My baby just turned one, her eyes are blue with a tinge of gray, my husband and I both have brown eyes shocked that it's still this color! Anyone had that is experience, did your baby eye color change at what age

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:54 pm
My cousins have dark hair & dark brown eyes, so did all 4 grandparents. One of the children has very blonde hair & very blue eyes. Looks just like her mother with the wrong colors. Sometimes recessive genes pop out. Enjoy her pretty eyes.

ces

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:13 pm
Several of my children had blue eyes at a year and they later turned green or hazel.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:14 pm
Thanks for the responses I hope it will stay!

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:26 pm
My parents both have brown eyes and were shocked when mine were blue. They assumed they would change.

Nope! Still blue Smile

rowo

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 9:39 am
All my kids had blue eyes at that age, only one is still the very blue colour. Others went hazel or more grey. Even my 4 yo, her eyes are still changing to a grey-blue colour.
But both me and my husband have light colour eyes.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 11:57 am
2 brown eyed parents that each have a blue recessive gene have a 25% chance of having A blue eyed child.

grace413

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 2:10 pm
I'm over 60 and my mother is still waiting for my blue eyes to change color.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 6:31 pm
grace413 wrote:
I'm over 60 and my mother is still waiting for my blue eyes to change color.

LOL

Everyone in my immediate family has curly brown hair and blue eyes.

I was born with straight blonde hair, and I have green eyes. I look exactly like my maternal grandfather.

For years I was convinced that I was adopted, and that no one would tell me the truth. Nope. At 55, I look exactly like my mom did at that age, only with different coloring.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 9:37 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
2 brown eyed parents that each have a blue recessive gene have a 25% chance of having A blue eyed child.

This is us Except alL 4 Of our parents (my baby’s grandparents) are brown eyes too. I believe there’s only a 4% chance in that case

nchr

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 10:27 pm
With my kids they were blue until 4 or 5. Then brown.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 10:28 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
This is us Except alL 4 Of our parents (my baby’s grandparents) are brown eyes too. I believe there’s only a 4% chance in that case

My mother and both of her parents have brown eyes. My father and bother of his parents have brown eyes. My fathers eyes were dark brown with tiny freckles of green. My brother has ice blue eyes that turned green in his teens. I had violet purple blue eyes then turned hazel in my 20s..

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 10:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby just turned one, her eyes are blue with a tinge of gray, my husband and I both have brown eyes shocked that it's still this color! Anyone had that is experience, did your baby eye color change at what age

My baby is 15 months and she had the bluest eyes till 14 months. Now her eyes changed to brown

fleetwood

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 11:00 pm
Nope. My parents have brown eyes and mine are blue....

silverlining3

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 9:45 am
Once when my aunt visited she commented, you can see on his eyes that you're nursing. Baby at the time had blueish eyes. It changed abit since. Never did research on this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics