Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fall/winter current styles?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:45 pm
Before I start, PLEASE keep all criticism off this thread! I have very specific reasons for asking this, even though I would normally be the last person who would ask.

What is in style for this coming season? For teens and young adult?

And how do you know what's in style?

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:47 pm
See what the stores are selling.
I don't think they'd be selling old stuff.
I got some sweatshirt dresses for very causal weekday (midi for me, short for my daughter).
I'm hoping to get her a velvet dress for shabbos, but I have to find one I like and not looking for it yet.
Good luck!

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 6:54 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
See what the stores are selling.
I don't think they'd be selling old stuff.
I got some sweatshirt dresses for very causal weekday (midi for me, short for my daughter).
I'm hoping to get her a velvet dress for shabbos, but I have to find one I like and not looking for it yet.
Good luck!

Can you post links for sweatshirt dresses?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 6:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Before I start, PLEASE keep all criticism off this thread! I have very specific reasons for asking this, even though I would normally be the last person who would ask.

What is in style for this coming season? For teens and young adult?

And how do you know what's in style?

Where do you live? Maybe we can recommend local stores with a good trendy selection

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 7:10 pm
Thanks for your replies. If pointing to anything specific, I'd rather online links.

My question is what styles are coming up, and how do you know.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 7:15 pm
Check the "new in" sections of websites like Zara and h and m (still a few weeks early but by the end of August..)

Follow some frum clothing stores on Instagram

Brown is making a comeback

giselle

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 7:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for your replies. If pointing to anything specific, I'd rather online links.

My question is what styles are coming up, and how do you know.

Just shop in trendy stores and buy what you like...

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Check the "new in" sections of websites like Zara and h and m (still a few weeks early but by the end of August..)

Follow some frum clothing stores on Instagram

Brown is making a comeback

This is helpful! Thanks!

Which instagram accounts would you recommend?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 7:29 pm
giselle wrote:
Just shop in trendy stores and buy what you like...

This just doesn't work for me. I end up getting it all wrong. It is much more helpful to have a picture beforehand and then go into the stores (or order online)

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 7:36 pm
Don't your female teens and young adults follow fashion? I would imagine they are much more current in terms of exactly what they like and is fashionable among their peer groups.

I don't mean this in a snarky way but by the time I was a teenager I was making decisions in terms of clothing although my mother had veto rights in terms of the power of the purse obviously. Very Happy

If you are shopping on-line why don't you let them browse through the instagrams and websites - maybe as a group with their girlfriends. Again, as a teen shopping with girlfriends was what we did. Now some girls send photos in the dressing room to get input from friends.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 7:39 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Don't your female teens and young adults follow fashion? I would imagine they are much more current in terms of exactly what they like and is fashionable among their peer groups.

I don't mean this in a snarky way but by the time I was a teenager I was making decisions in terms of clothing although my mother had veto rights in terms of the power of the purse obviously. Very Happy

If you are shopping on-line why don't you let them browse through the instagrams and websites - maybe as a group with their girlfriends. Again, as a teen shopping with girlfriends was what we did. Now some girls send photos in the dressing room to get input from friends.

No. She doesn't. Which is what prompted this thread, and the intro that came with it. I don't want a bunch of speeches about how I should let her dress how she wants to. She wants help and we are both a bit clueless....

Hence, my original question....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics