Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kitchen tips/hacks - funny edition
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Success10

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:18 am
Reviving this thread, since I remembered another tip that is along the same lines as my first post in this thread, regarding not dumping oil down the drain.

If you made something in a frying pan with relatively little oil, like shnitzels, then you can put the frying pan in the garbage sideways so all the oil slides right off in to garbage, and you can remove the pan after a few minutes and it's basically free of oil, just put it into the sink and wash off the remainders.

Just be sure to leave some of the pan sticking out, and don't close the lid of the garbage can, lest you find yourself a day later frantically trying to find your frying pan and suddenly realizing what happened as you hear the distant sound of the garbage truck driving off.

Based on a true story. Crying

Momof14

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:41 am
Before adding "sugar" to kokosh cake dough make sure it's sugar and not salt! You'll take a bite out of the fresh drippy chocolatey rolls( 8 of them) and discover it was salt!

blessedflower

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:39 am
This really happened when my father tried making popcorn for the kids and my mom wasn't home:
Wanto make popcorn more fun for the kids? Make it without a lid on the pot. It becomes some type of firework show. Only make sure you are wearing protective wear not to get burned by the hot jumping popcorn

blessedflower

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:42 am
Bubby6 wrote:
Out of blusher? Forgot to check if yours is kosher lePesach? Use beets - cut a section off and color your face.
this is what people used to do before make up was invented (or if it was too expensive)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:15 am
Surplus wrote:
I love light threads!

Here’s another tip:
If a piece of eggshell lands in the bowl why don’t you play a game of tag with it? Just keep running after it with your fingers and you’ll just be amazed how the shell will always win the race. You’ll never catch it. I suggest you dump the ingredients and start over!

Scoop it out with another eggshell. Somehow they attract.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 1:19 pm
Just happened again.

Don’t for the love of all salads put the dressing on the broccoli salad on erev shabbos.

Unless you want soggy mushy broccoli salad for both meals.

BH were not having guests haha

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 2:03 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Just happened again.

Don’t for the love of all salads put the dressing on the broccoli salad on erev shabbos.

Unless you want soggy mushy broccoli salad for both meals.

BH were not having guests haha

That’s true for any salad with dressing. Never put dressing a day in advance unless if you have no teeth and are planning to swallow without chewing.

Sorry this happened to you. Your baby might like the texture! Laugh
Enjoy your shabbos!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Sep 12 2020, 6:40 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Ideal to make a reminder for Friday afternoon to put your fridge/freezer on Shabbas mode. Otherwise you might end up like me. A week after a neighbor said she forgot to put hers on Shabbas mode, and I talked big that, na, a year in and never happened to me, big time I forgot! Oh, and after opening, omg, the light stayed on! Slam shut!

Off topic here. But best invention ever is the shabbos keeper. If you have a GE fridge/freezer (I think any GE, but not 100% sure it works with any) you can buy the shabbos keeper. It's a tiny magnetic box that stays on top of the fridge (you really don't see it) and you program it once, with your city and state, and you never have to think any shabbos or yomtov again for the next 30 years or until your fridge breaks! It shuts off by itself-programmed with the Jewish calendar for 30 years

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Sep 12 2020, 6:54 pm
LOL.
True.

My husband liked it tho.
I’m like “eeeehhhhhhhh.......”

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Sep 12 2020, 7:04 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
LOL.
True.

My husband liked it tho.
I’m like “eeeehhhhhhhh.......”

Maybe it tasted like cooked broccoli. That’s not bad!

theoneandonly

Post Sat, Sep 12 2020, 10:07 pm
Make your kids a homemade ant farm by sprinkling sugar on your kitchen counters and waiting!
Leaving potatoes in the bottom of your pantry to rot lends a wonderful new aroma to your kitchen.
Put cocoa in your mixing bowl and let the kids put the beaters on high to redecorate your kitchen with beautiful brown splotches!

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Sep 12 2020, 10:39 pm
On the lines of rotting potatoes, if you leave onions at the bottom of a ventilated basket in your kitchen, and forget about them under the piles of potatoes, they will eventually liquefy and make a beautiful black stain on your wooden floor, which lets you pretend you had a miraculous save from a small fire in your kitchen!

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Sep 12 2020, 11:05 pm
I wanna puke

🤢

4g01o

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:23 am
MiriFr wrote:
Boil a few gallons of water for pasta and freeze for later use

Laugh

4g01o

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:25 am
ra_mom wrote:
Scoop it out with another eggshell. Somehow they attract.

A metal spoon attracts too and is cleaner than egg shell.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:16 pm
I Love this thread. Its such fun to read, can we revive it???
Let's add our kitchen hack (comical).

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:54 pm
Of course!!

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:26 am
blessedflower wrote:
This really happened when my father tried making popcorn for the kids and my mom wasn't home:
Wanto make popcorn more fun for the kids? Make it without a lid on the pot. It becomes some type of firework show. Only make sure you are wearing protective wear not to get burned by the hot jumping popcorn

Oh, the VISUALS! LOL

silverlining3

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 4:10 pm
Have to put out this major hack;

Want some dough? Spilling flour in the sink does that, instantly. Yup, me this erev pesach. Thankfully I was able still to scoop out a lot.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 4:47 pm
Best Kitchen hack ever:
Are you tired? Just get into bed for a power nap, (some people call it a beauty nap) while your kids entertain themselves in your kitchen.
Some great surprises will be waiting for you when you are finally rested.
Tried and true!
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen