Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
When to wear shorter sheitel
Previous  1  2

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:47 pm
Get a chic lob.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much for posting those. I like the shorter in back idea.

Can I wear bangs with glasses? I have never worn bangs.

You’re welcome. I have a very good shietel macher.
Yes, I wear glasses
I am in my early 50’s

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 4:07 pm
I know a few women who have some grey hair mixed into their sheital. It gives them a slightly older look, but not the same as solid grey would. I often think it goes better with their skin tone (which also changes as you age) than a solid dark brown sheital.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
You’re welcome. I have a very good shietel macher.
Yes, I wear glasses
I am in my early 50’s

Would you post the contact information? The one I’ve used the past few years moved.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 5:08 pm
Elfrida wrote:
I know a few women who have some grey hair mixed into their sheital. It gives them a slightly older look, but not the same as solid grey would. I often think it goes better with their skin tone (which also changes as you age) than a solid dark brown sheital.

Keep in mind though that not everyone greys so early. I’m in my mid 40’s with a head full of black hair and my mom nearly does as well! I ain’t greying my wig before my own hair greys!

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 5:42 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Keep in mind though that not everyone greys so early. I’m in my mid 40’s with a head full of black hair and my mom nearly does as well! I ain’t greying my wig before my own hair greys!

Yes, I thought this too when I read it. I am 48 and have just got my first, barely noticeable, one grey hair.

rising hero

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 5:53 pm
https://www.instagram.com/s/aG.....09865

She has some cool short cuts
https://instagram.com/traneesw.....882kz

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 6:00 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I don’t think there is anything wrong with wearing a long sheitel if you are comfortable wearing one. I don’t think you should wear a shorter one just because you think you “should” at this stage of life. I am nearly 50 and still enjoy wearing long sheitels.

You should wear what you like, but just know that long flowy sheitals can look off on older women.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 6:16 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
You should wear what you like, but just know that long flowy sheitals can look off on older women.

Well, if I thought I looked “off” I wouldn’t wear one. And if someone else thinks I look “off” then that is their issue.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 6:17 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:

Since when is a person who is not yet 50 an “older” woman?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 6:19 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
It also depends on what you are wearing..

If I wear a very matronly conservative outfit, a shoulder length goes nicely with it.

What really looks ridiculous, is a woman over 50, dressed almost exactly like her HS daughter.
Both wearing a blue buttom down shirt and a-line skirt.
Almost like they are both wearing a uniform..

Wow, so judgmental on Tisha B’Av! A lot has to do with personal preferences. I prefer a younger-looking style and my HS daughter tends to wear clothes that are probably marketed at my age! We laugh about it sometimes but I would never match her as it would be embarrassing to her.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 6:39 pm
You go girls!
Wear what makes you feel beautiful and vibrant.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 6:52 pm
Sorry but society does not get to decide for you what you want to wear and all that.
You choose what makes you feel good about the way you look. 50 is young nowadays. Feel vibrant and beautiful and enjoy life!

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would you post the contact information? The one I’ve used the past few years moved.

I live in Brooklyn
+1 (347) 948-0922
Toby

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Meanwhile DS is highly annoyed to be seen with me knowing what will be asked. DH is very fit but half bald and grey.

I've seen chasuna pictures where the choson looks like a bar mitzvah boy.
Then I've seen chasuna pictures of parents where the father of the chosson/kallah looks more like the grandfather. Definitely like the mother's...older brother.

Poor men. They can't win.
Do what you'd like and what looks good and feels comfortable. Enjoy!

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:28 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I live in Brooklyn
+1 (347) 948-0922
Toby

Is this a sheitel macher, I'm looking for a good one?
If it is then what's her name?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:57 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Is this a sheitel macher, I'm looking for a good one?
If it is then what's her name?

Yes. Toby is her name.

Twirls by Toby

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:02 am
I’ve been seeing tons of gorgeous shoulder length sheitels this summer on women of all ages.

I find that a shorter sheitel needs a good cut. Some younger sheitel machines are great at a blunt cut but cutting a short sheitel well is more complicated.
My mother wears really nice short sheitels - what I think makes it nice is that the cut is so detailed and well done.
My neighbor cut a sheitel short this summer and I think it’s so blah because it was just cut blunt and does nothing to frame her face well. Had it been cut better it could’ve been fabulous .

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:13 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I’ve been seeing tons of gorgeous shoulder length sheitels this summer on women of all ages.

I find that a shorter sheitel needs a good cut. Some younger sheitel machines are great at a blunt cut but cutting a short sheitel well is more complicated.
My mother wears really nice short sheitels - what I think makes it nice is that the cut is so detailed and well done.
My neighbor cut a sheitel short this summer and I think it’s so blah because it was just cut blunt and does nothing to frame her face well. Had it been cut better it could’ve been fabulous .

Absolutely. I took an old wig and had it cut super short in back, very sharp angled short bob. I wasn’t sure how it would look, hence the old wig. It came out gorgeous, I got complements galore. Cutting an old already styled wig is hard. ( I had it done in a wig store in israel, so wasn’t so expensive)

Op- if you have family or friends with shorter wigs, ask if you can try on.
I also went darker and feel less washed out

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:45 am
Sometimes as we get older, the shape of the face slowly changes. Not always.
If your face has changed a bit over the years then it might be a good idea to change your wig length/style.
I’m in my upper 40’s and I have developed a double chin and sagging neck. I really wanted to go shorter because I thought it would be easier to wear and more age appropriate.
Well, I just bought a shaitel longer than anything else I’ve ever worn. The shaitel macher cut and cut and then absolutely refused to cut anymore. I think shorter at this point would draw more attention to my chin/neck area that I am trying to hide.
I’m all for the shorter idea if it looks good on you and the hair is nice.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children