Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
If you moved from Brooklyn to Toms River are you happy ?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:06 pm
Title says all.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:40 pm
Yes a million times over! I'm so happy we were able to do it, not everyone is as lucky.
Do you have any specific concerns?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:41 pm
Nope . Just curious the pros and cons .

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:46 pm
I'm thrilled bh. You cant compare. we are very very happy best decision we could have made

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:46 pm
The pros are endless.
Tons of space. Privacy. Lots of big shopping centers within quick driving distance. We have a pool so that's a huge bonus. Quieter slower paced lifestyle. Did I say space?!
Cons will vary depending on your job and kids ages.
B"h for us jobs weren't an issue.
Our 1 con is that older kids that used to walk in the city everywhere on their own are now reliant on car rides. My son can't just walk a block for Maariv. He needs to be taken with the car. But for us that is a very minor tradeoff.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 10:10 pm
Shuls popular in toms river, with good shiurim Daf etc?

good brokers?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 10:13 pm
Is it true the water in Toms River is contaminated? Years ago I read an article in Ami about how the water in Toms River gave children cancer

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:28 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Is it true the water in Toms River is contaminated? Years ago I read an article in Ami about how the water in Toms River gave children cancer

It's built on a toxic waste dump,there have been issues with children in the past . I would never live there,no matter how cheap.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:44 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
It's built on a toxic waste dump,there have been issues with children in the past . I would never live there,no matter how cheap.

It's only in one certain area, not the whole toms River

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:54 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

Come check out Jackson!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:04 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Shuls popular in toms river, with good shiurim Daf etc?

good brokers?

You have to find out if there is a real shul. Not just open on Shabbos or specific weekday hours if it’s important to have a beis medrish to go learn nearby. It’s not so common in Toms River or Jackson.
Also mikvah - not everywhere is one walkable Friday night.
Should be part of research if important.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:17 am
We have moved recently. And honestly, I am not looking back. I love it here. As do my kids.
The space. The quality of life. It’s amazing. I have no problem driving anywhere, where in Brooklyn I would think 10 times before taking the car out knowing I will spend an hour looking for parking.
We moved right near a shul. 3 minute walk. There are a lot of small shtibels all over. Shopping is way better than Brooklyn. If you drive, it’s endless. I used to want to go to Trader Joe’s in Brooklyn, but parking made me think twice. Now, it’s not a problem.

In regards to work, that is an issue. But I am not married to my job, and will find another one here, closer to home.

A year ago my husband begged to come and move here. I said no. Now if he would ask me to move back, I would say no. But don’t worry. He loves it here as much as I do.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 5:04 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

Which area?

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:00 pm
Yes please tell me since I moved here my daughter is having crazy stomach pains going from dr to Dr but they can't figure out what is wrong with her I am losing my mind

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 9:47 pm
Does anyone know the toxic area? I read once that many towns in nj have this problem

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 2:06 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

Please tell us which area. I'm looking to move there and want to stay away from that area.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 8:36 pm
Does anyone know the toxic area? Link?

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 8:38 pm
Lol about the toxins... Go read about Brooklyn and places with high radiation and everything else in the world. You may wanna revert to an old cave somewhere alone.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 9:00 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
Lol about the toxins... Go read about Brooklyn and places with high radiation and everything else in the world. You may wanna revert to an old cave somewhere alone.

Brooklyn is not built on a toxic dump but Tom's River is. You couldn't pay me to live there.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 9:07 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Brooklyn is not built on a toxic dump but Tom's River is. You couldn't pay me to live there.

The area that used to be toxic doesn't have anything built on it, it's empty land. And it was finished cleaning 10 years ago. Why would you say Toms River is built ON a toxic dump?

Google superfund sites you'll find them all over in every city/ state, including Brooklyn.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries