Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Cough/congested

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:14 pm
For those of you who are careful when vaccinating, what would be a contraindications to receiving a vaccine? My child is coughing and congested. I need to catch them up before school. Should I wait till the child feels better. No fever. Not a live virus vaccine.

nchr

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:22 pm
Medically that is not a contradiction to vaccinating. The reason doctors delay when a child is not feeling well is not because it is "dangerous" but because, due to the other infection, the child's immune system may not generate a strong enough response to the vaccines since it is busy with the other sickness (but the immune response to mild congestion/cough is generally not distracting enough to result in vaccinations not being effective).

Last edited by nchr on Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:23 pm
I would wait. But I'm crazy like that.

Also depends on how many they need before the start of the school year. If many, I wouldn't want them too close together either, but I hope if you're mostly caught up, school won't give you a hard time.

happy chick

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:23 pm
I feel bads to add more when a child is under the weather. Depends on the reaction they may get from the vaccine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 3:11 pm
Thanks bronze and happy chick.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics