Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Dutch wonderland Vs Hershey park

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:02 pm
Kids range in age from 6-17. I've never gone to either park. Please tell me pros and cons of each. Thanks

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:17 pm
Dutch wonderland is for little kids. Your 17 yr old will be bored even my 12 year old was.
Dutch wonderland is great for families and little kids. No big rowdy teenagers
Hershey good for big kids but plenty of kiddie rides too

amother
Red

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:26 pm
Hershy is more geared for older and younger kids. Dutch Wonderland has some rides for older but it's more geared for younger.
I think Dutch Wonderland is closed on Tuesday's and Wednesday's.

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:41 pm
OK thanks. Any food/shuls by Hershey or is it all in lancaster?

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:48 pm
There’s a kosher stand in hershey

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 1:50 pm
Agree with earlier posters. I've gone to both.
When I had ONLY little kids Dutch Wonderland was perfect. Once the kids got older it was Hershey all the way.

sbs

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 2:34 pm
Hershey park is my favorite park,
I love that my family of various ages can stay together and walk around the park.
In every section there are around 3 kiddie rides, so I can keep my little kids occupied while my bigger ones go on the other rides.
I find that in other parks, I end up staying in the kiddie section, and my big kids go around the park together.

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 3:06 pm
Buy Hershey is so expensive! (Or is that part of the cost of vacation)?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 3:24 pm
Both were fun!! As a family we enjoyed Dutch Wonderland more. There was less walking/rides in a more condensed area, more options that worked for all agas/different rides that were interesting enough for the older ones but not so intense for the younger ones. This is if you like to do things as a group, rather than splitting up by age. But if you have a 17 year old that needs the dare devil rides, then Hershey might be a better option. And their water park is a nice addition.

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 3:38 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
There’s a kosher stand in hershey

Thanks but its actually closed this year

sky

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 3:48 pm
Harrisburg is closer to Hershey then Lancaster. There is a shul there.

Be aware there are water rides in middle of Hershey and in that area ppl will be dressed in bathing suits or less- if that will be an issue with your children.

17 is way too old for Dutch wonderland.

sky

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 3:49 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Buy Hershey is so expensive! (Or is that part of the cost of vacation)?

If you want a cheaper park we love knoebels. You pay per ride so non riders are free. And you can get discounted tickets at local stores. We also like it better then the bigger parks. And it’s great for all ages.

There is a water park and some water rides but they are pretty strict that ppl are dressed in the park itself.

chanar

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:03 pm
I’ve actually not been to Hershey, but we took our kids to Dutch wonderland when they were younger a few times and we all LOVED IT. However the max I would say is 10 or so. Unless they’re not into thriller rides, I know mine wouldn’t be happy there anymore. It’s absolutely wonderful for a younger family though!

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 7:34 pm
We've been to Hershey Park two summers with kids ages 2-15. It's great! Stuff for all ages and best part is that you can go the night before u plan on going for a preview of about 2 hours until closing time included in the one day admission price! When u go for the preview there are no lines! We were able to go on tons of rides in those two hours. We stayed in Harrisburg. Hotels are cheaper there and closer to minyanim
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics