Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Washing machine rubber

rockstar

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 7:39 pm
How do I clean it to get rid of mold? I know I’m supposed to leave it open but there’s mold in it now and need a way to get rid of it cuz my whole laundry room stinks.
Thanks in advance

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 8:13 pm
If you don’t have the owners manual, Google owners manual for the make and model you have.

Google YouTube video how to clean mould from a wash machine.

In a nutshell, you will have to run a tub clean cycle using bleach and no detergent. You will also need to wipe down the gasket and all its folds with diluted bleach. You may need to do this Two or three times if the problem is really entrenched.

For maintenance, you must do the following after every wash session:

—Unplug the power cord

—Dry off of the door and the gasket, including inside all the folds, with an absorbent cloth

—Remove the detergent/bleach drawer and wipe it dry.

— Dry off the inside of the space where the detergent dispenser goes

— If your model has a small hinged door on the bottom front of the unit, open it, remove the plug from the short hose inside, let it drain into a small basin, and replace the plug. Then unscrew the filter compartment, remove the filter, Clean and dry it, and the space in which the filter fits. The manual will probably say to do this once a month.

—Leave the door open unless there are small children who have access to the area where the machine is.

— Run a tub clean cycle once a month.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:49 pm
If there is actual mold on the rubber, it is likely embedded and you may have to replace the gasket. It shouldn't be a big deal. Call the manufacturer and order a new gasket (rubber ring).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry