Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I just want a clean house!!
Previous  1  2

sweet

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 6:20 am
The trick is to have a big house!
I recently moved and house is so much cleaner and uncluttered!
All toys and books are in the basement, laundry is taken down to the laundry area. Esp. Now in the 9 days..

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 6:40 am
sweet wrote:
The trick is to have a big house!
I recently moved and house is so much cleaner and uncluttered!
All toys and books are in the basement, laundry is taken down to the laundry area. Esp. Now in the 9 days..

Lol a big house and full time help. Bless us all please!!! I'll gladly accept it.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 7:47 am
I can relate so much. I feel like I clean for at least 1-2 hours a day and my house looks terrible most days. We need more space and I could use more organizational help

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 7:53 am
I cant even think about a clean house until my kids go back to school in person for the whole day. Until that happens its treading water and managing my expectations.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 7:53 am
I have space but with young kids who are constantly taking out games, toys, and doing arts and crafts it’s really not neat. Shoes, crocks, natives, clothing, towels, prizes, books, magazines, papers ate cluttering all over.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:16 am
Throw things out. Every time you feel overwhelmed, throw 10 items in the trash. It’s worth it, even if you (or your kids!) feel sorry about one or two missing items after the fact.
It’s great therapy also btw:)

sheifelah

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm really struggling. I have a bunch of little kids, with terror toddler twins, and I am not a natural "put it away right away" type of person. The toys, clothes. Laundry, crafts, dirt, dust, I just can't keep on top of it all.

I do have a cleaning lady twice a week but I just have too much stuff that it not organized. So when she comes it's clean for a minute but not organized. She just puts things in bins, straightens up the room.
I can organize when I set me mind to it. But I have no time or head space! When my kids are up- it's impossible to do anything but watch them and play with them. When they sleep- I'm wiped and don't have energy to really organize and get things in order mindfully.
I know kids get older and this is temporary. I just feel so defeated and wonder how other people with little kids keep thier houses decent and clean and fresh?? The never ending need to tend to mess is making me feel so defeated and down...always just another day to clean.
Any tips? And please don't say get my kids to clean. They are too little and I don't have energy to deal with doing it with them. And my husband is working all day and pitches in when he can.

Wow, I think I could have written this... Except I don't have twins, but I have little ones at home and it is next to impossible for me to stay on top of everything. I don't have a cleaning lady - so it's mostly on me and I feel the burnout! I wish my house was pristine!! But who are we kidding... It's probably not possible to live that way with small children - especially when they are home all day! One day I would love for my house to look staged, though! I can't stand clutter and having a mess everywhere, but I just don't have the stamina to stay on top of everything. Once the kids go to bed, I'm done! So, I feel you. I'm not sure I have any advice, but I definitely understand where you are coming from!

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:03 pm
Having a big house helped me somewhat but not much. I kept more and more memmories cute stuff paperwork and now Im struggling BIG TIME. After a few years and big house it's terribly full of garbage, clothes that I hope to fit into...of course outdated

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 5:21 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Honestly the only way I survive is full time help like really full time 7-7 7 days a week yes it’s expensive but the mess gives me severe anxiety and I need the help for my sanity.

I personally would get anxiety having a stranger in my house an entire day, day after day...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 8:21 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I personally would get anxiety having a stranger in my house an entire day, day after day...

yes but if she came every day she wouldn't be a stranger very long.. obviously she would have to be someone you could feel comfortable with having almost as part of your family or it wouldn't work out
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics