Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Whats happening in camps?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:23 pm
I thought I caught some comments in a thread or two last week, or maybe the week before, mentioning some shady things going on in camps, like kids getting sick but not publicizing that it was Corona, or other such shenanigans. Does anyone know which thread/comments I'm talking about? And regardless of that, can people please post about what's been going on in camps? Are kids getting sick and the camps are just keeping it hush hush? Are parents not revealing to the camps? Since what's happening in camp has major implication for school reopening, I think this is something we all need to know! People are saying why can't school reopen, all the kids got back together for camp and nothing happened, but is that true?

amother
White

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:26 pm
My kid are in camp already for 5 weeks. I just asked them and they said that bh no one was sick. No cover- ups. BH they are all healthy.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I thought I caught some comments in a thread or two last week, or maybe the week before, mentioning some shady things going on in camps, like kids getting sick but not publicizing that it was Corona, or other such shenanigans. Does anyone know which thread/comments I'm talking about? And regardless of that, can people please post about what's been going on in camps? Are kids getting sick and the camps are just keeping it hush hush? Are parents not revealing to the camps? Since what's happening in camp has major implication for school reopening, I think this is something we all need to know! People are saying why can't school reopen, all the kids got back together for camp and nothing happened, but is that true?

DC went to a legal overnight camp in another state. They followed guidelines and were closed in. BH all is well and DC is now home.

whewpy

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:33 pm
If anyone would be seriously ill, they would go to a dr. There seems to be anecdotal stories, totally unverified, of children in camps feeling a bit off, bad cold. Even if this is proven true, that level of illness does not warrant testing for coronavirus according to any medical dr or health agency.

By and large, children from nyc areas have now been in camp a month and all seems fine.

All those posts....Just the usual churning of the pot that seems to be habitual on here....

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:34 pm
My kids said that bh so far so good there

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:37 pm
In the camp that I am in now
They take temperature every day

No one had temperature yet Bh...

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:07 pm
Ppl love to make big deals about one comment they hear which may or may not be true.

My son is in camp for five weeks already and they have the health mobile coming two times a week. If they don’t feel good they go. He went twice to take a strep culture .

May Hashem keep everyone safe....

Supermom#1

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:11 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
My kid are in camp already for 5 weeks. I just asked them and they said that bh no one was sick. No cover- ups. BH they are all healthy.

same here

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:13 pm
I’m in camp & Gosh! My kid has symptoms

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:14 pm
...it’s rhino virus

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:17 pm
We had Corona virus in March. My kids now got rhinovirus. It's in the cold family. We had some kids retested for covid and it came back negative BH.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:20 pm
My kids are in a day camp. The staff stressed please do not send any child to camp if they have any symptoms or were exposed to Covid for two weeks. Other than that, and no trips, it looks like camp is normal. Nice sized bunks, not much SD (compared to a few months ago). BH no rise in cases in my community. I would be totally comfortable sending to school, unless the cases rise again.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:23 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
We had Corona virus in March. My kids now got rhinovirus. It's in the cold family. We had some kids retested for covid and it came back negative BH.

Doesn’t that just mean a runny nose??

Supermom#1

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:30 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Doesn’t that just mean a runny nose??

Yup!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:45 pm
I posted on the other camp thread my experience with three kids but will re-post it here. Two are in overnight camps and one in day camp. Both overnight camps are not taking trips or letting visitors in. Both camps tested all kids and counselors before attending. One camp has had no issues and the other camp has lots of kids with colds. Two sicker kids went home and tested positive for Covid. Since they aren't testing the kids who stayed with minor colds we have no idea if it's truly colds or Covid but they are having a blast and G-D willing will not be infectious when they leave if it is Covid. This was not what I planned for but BH my child is healthy and we are dealing with the risk that we took sending. My other kids who is in day camp had one counselor test positive. They left and BH everyone else has been healthy. We did test this child and they tested negative.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 12:45 am
I think there may have been an outbreak in one camp, mostly by out of towners. There have been no major camp-wide outbreaks. also, kids having a random cold for a couple of days doesnt immediatley = coronavirus. They wouldnt get tested for it if they had a cold at home either.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 3:06 am
https://www.washingtonpost.com......html

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 5:46 am
In our daycamp we’ve had a rhinovirus outbreak, a skin infection outbreak, and 3 staff mwmbers and 10 campers with negative covid tests. There were rumors that a kid had covid since she was out for 2 weeks, but she was just exposed by family and then kept home and tested (negativr).

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 12:45 pm
https://5townscentral.com/2020.....m-pa/

happyone

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 12:51 pm
Keep in mind, children have been getting sick in camps every year, long before Covid. It's normal to get colds, strept , belly aches etc. Thankfully there hasn't been Covid outbreaks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics