Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you want to save money?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:42 pm
I want to publicize this because it can save a lot of people money.
My air conditioner just broke. I live in a complex. In the end the whole unit had to be replaced it cost $3500.
The air-conditioning guy told me that it would’ve been covered under the 10 year warranty. The way this works is as follows.
If you fill out a form online within the first five years of your unit being installed it jumps to 10 years.
But when contractors put in so many units for complexes at such a low price they do not want to be asked to fix things for so cheap so they do not tell people about this form
He said the ethical thing would be for the person putting in the air condition to tell you to fill out the form but that they would not work for free but they would get you the parts for free if it broke
I hope this helps a lot of people because I was so frustrated I could’ve saved most of this money

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:41 pm
Thank you for publicizing.

Do you have more information about this form? Where can I access it?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:52 pm
Can you explain about the contractors doing work for free? Wouldn’t the warranty come from the AC company? (And I just passed my 5 years in a condo! 😤)

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 3:56 am
Wouldnt each air conditioner company be different?
Something sounds a bit off about what this guy said.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 3:58 am
ALL air conditioners come with an automatic ten year warranty, and all you have to do is fill in a form?

I find that hard to believe, unless it's a warranty that doesn't really cover anything.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:19 am
I can’t speak for everyone’s air condition but I live in the tri-state area and this is what the guy told me. He is a very well-known person and I would trust him. Perhaps you can call the company of your air condition. I don’t know that services would’ve been covered for free but the parts definitely would’ve

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 11:13 am
My husband is an A/C repair guy, and he said his company spends hours filling out these forms for their customers, or making sure the customer fills it out, as a service to their customers. Located in Monsey. So there are honest companies out there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics