Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What's the best smelling laundry detergent?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:51 am
I love the smell of Dreft but it's too expensive for me to use on all of our laundry.
What's the best smelling detergent?

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:00 am
I like to buy fragrance free detergent and then use scent boosters. That way I get to decide how much scent I want and also what laundry gets scented. Also you get to smell the boosters in advance as they have small vents for you to smell before you buy.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:07 am
Tide w oxi . Goodness

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:09 am
I appreciate the intense fresh scent by Persil (none of their other scents).

zaq

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:31 am
Fragrance is in the nose of the beholder...errr....smeller. You may as well ask "what's the best-smelling perfume or flower?" What you like I think smells like roach spray and vice versa. Your best bet is to go for something unscented. Nothing smells better than plain, clean, freshly-washed laundry--the smell of clean without any artificial additives. If you must scent your laundry (why?) buy a load of bath soap the scent of which you like and tuck bars in your drawers and shelves. The soap will scent the fabric for a very long time, and when the scent weakens, put the soap in the bathroom to fulfill its original purpose.

EsG

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:57 am
I also love scent boosters. I used many different detergents but my laundry never smelled like anything! Bad or good Very Happy

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 12:14 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I appreciate the intense fresh scent by Persil (none of their other scents).

Thanks, ramom. For many years I've been looking for a fresh feel scent detergent. I tried what you mentioned and I'm so happy with it. Finally fresh smelling laundry without needing to add anything just for the scent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry