Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Younger sibling whines about playing w friends when

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 7:55 pm
When his older sibling plays with a friend.
My oldest is 6 and old enough to walk to our neighbors to play. But when he goes (or even when neighbors come here), my 3 yo whines that he wants to play with a friend. The problem is we have no immediate neighbors with kids his age, and I'm not interested or available to arrange play dates for him every day. I do on shabbos.

I can't let him tag along with my oldest (which he doesn't even want to do- he asks for his own "fwends ") because it's not right for my oldest or my neighbor.
Please help me deal with this...

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:34 pm
Why don’t you offer to play with him. Reads book or play a puzzle. Spend some nice quality time with him and he won’t whine about needing a friend anymore

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:43 pm
Not always is a mother available to play and sometimes it’s not a help when only one of the siblings have company since that leaves the other one bored.
I have the same problem. 2 kids who always play together but if one gets a neighbor the other stays bored.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 11:29 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Why don’t you offer to play with him. Reads book or play a puzzle. Spend some nice quality time with him and he won’t whine about needing a friend anymore

He doesn't want that. I offer all of that. He just wants to "go pick up a fwend!"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers