Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
No electricity monsey, what to expect?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 7:53 pm
We lost our electricity at 3:00. Nightfall is almost here. Anyone have a clue if this means hours, days, weeks?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We lost our electricity at 3:00. Nightfall is almost here. Anyone have a clue if this means hours, days, weeks?

Welcome to Monsey! Call O&R, at least to report, and they may have an update.

Keep cool - what's worse losing power in winter or summer? Both are very uncomfortable.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 8:22 pm
There's a good breeze out. Open the windows and turn on some flashlights. Hopefully the power will be back in afew hours.
I have a chasuna in Ateres Chaya Sara, it's on generators.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:26 pm
Right, we are lucky it’s not humid tonight. Nice and breezy.

Lovemy5

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:28 pm
Don’t open the fridge and freezer. If they stay closed, the food will not spoil if the outage is not too long. A full freezer that’s not opened will stay cold enough for a day, or so I’ve heard.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:29 pm
Lovemy5 wrote:
Don’t open the fridge and freezer. If they stay closed, the food will not spoil if the outage is not too long. A full freezer that’s not opened will stay cold enough for a day, or so I’ve heard.

Nice in theory. But in reality kids wanted drinks and ices every few minutes.

Lovemy5

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nice in theory. But in reality kids wanted drinks and ices every few minutes.

Yeah, I hear you. I’ve had that and did my best to minimize opening. If you have a storage freezer, at least that should stay closed.
I hope you get power back soon!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:39 pm
Lovemy5 wrote:
Yeah, I hear you. I’ve had that and did my best to minimize opening. If you have a storage freezer, at least that should stay closed.
I hope you get power back soon!

Thank you. Sure hope so too!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:40 pm
O&R saying it can take some time....

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:44 pm
Ha!
I'm in Teaneck. I've been out of power since 11am and PSE&G says Sunday 8/9 @ 3pm (earlier they were saying Wednesday at 4:45). Who really knows when we will get power? Only Hashem knows.
This is nothing new in our lives. Longest I have been without power is 9.5 days. Only problem is we are still really really social distancing and I am not sure how showering will work or being without air conditioning. Last time it was cold so we just wore 4 sweaters.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:45 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Ha!
I'm in Teaneck. I've been out of power since 11am and PSE&G says Sunday 8/9 @ 3pm (earlier they were saying Wednesday at 4:45). Who really knows when we will get power? Only Hashem knows.
This is nothing new in our lives. Longest I have been without power is 9.5 days. Only problem is we are still really really social distancing and I am not sure how showering will work or being without air conditioning. Last time it was cold so we just wore 4 sweaters.

OMG!!
hope they don't mean it!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:46 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
O&R saying it can take some time....

Does that mean hours or days? I want to know if I should transfer fridge and freezer items to a friend with electricity. I’d so much rather not but if need be I will.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:50 pm
This is a text I got from someone who called:

I just spoke to the Orange and Rockland Supervisor of our area. She said this outage may potentially be a multi day event on the scale of and/or even exceeding hurricane Sandy

I don't have any more info than this. Bh my power is on.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 10:49 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Only problem is we are still really really social distancing and I am not sure how showering will work or being without air conditioning.

Good thing you’re really really social distancing if you won’t be taking any showers LOL Laugh

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 11:00 pm
I wish I could invite all you amothers to my house... At least I am thinking of you in this predicament
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics