Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Serial in the ami- chava and shulem
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 28  29  30  Next

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:00 pm
What day of week does Ami come out? Can anyone update WHERE is Shalom and what is going on? Can’t wait till Shabbos

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:35 pm
Did you read the editorial this week? About this serial?
Ugh I was so mad 😡 !!!!
The author is making it up as she goes along... she says she doesn’t know what’s happening next!
She obviously didn’t develop a full plot first and then divide it up.
It’s so frustrating that she’s twisting the story according to readers reactions.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:42 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Please explain.
that you get thrown from one side to the next.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:42 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Ugh I was so mad 😡 !!!!
The author is making it up as she goes along... she says she doesn’t know what’s happening next!
It’s so frustrating that she’s twisting the story according to readers reactions.

Gee that doesn't inspire confidence. I thought she had a plot drawn up before. no wonder it's such a drawn out story.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:51 pm
Its an extremely random story line and unproffesionally written.
Sorry, JMHO.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:52 pm
I think it’s more interesting this way.
Because she hears our reactions, maybe even here on Imamother, and then she keeps surprising all of us!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:58 pm
I describe it as a ton of junk food and an amalgamation of all the gossip we discuss in the country Very Happy. a whole bunch of empty calories. which is why it's so addictive!

realsilver

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:10 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I describe it as a ton of junk food and an amalgamation of all the gossip we discuss in the country Very Happy. a whole bunch of empty calories. which is why it's so addictive!

Lol. But how much of this story actually happened to someone you know IRL? And how many people do you compare to chava and sholom?
I'd say none!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:55 pm
Btw, as someone in the magazine industry, I can tell you that most authors do not have the story in full when they start writing. They have a general story line and week by week they can write whatever the story takes them

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:18 am
realsilver wrote:
Lol. But how much of this story actually happened to someone you know IRL? And how many people do you compare to chava and sholom?
I'd say none!

There are plenty of spoiled chavas. and plenty of parents who marry their daughters off to the 'perfect' boy and then get annoyed when a flaw comes up.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:23 am
Ugh I was so mad 😡 !!!!

Oh I thought Most magazine serials work this way?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Oh I thought Most magazine serials work this way?

I've written for Mishpacha and Binah in the past and while the basic plot is completely planned out beforehand often you change things as the story goes along; more often then not the end result is completely different than the original plan.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 8:37 pm
realsilver wrote:
I'd say none!

Are you living under a rock? Do you know anyone with an uncomplicated life? I feel that this story is so addictive since it’s so true to life where your heart gets pulled in every direction and everybody is so right and wrong at the same time.

realsilver

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:14 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Are you living under a rock? Do you know anyone with an uncomplicated life? I feel that this story is so addictive since it’s so true to life where your heart gets pulled in every direction and everybody is so right and wrong at the same time.

100 percent. I was refering to their personalities- their hard to like. and the fact that nobody talks... dunno, everyone's so quiet! ( can't put my finger on it. But the characters are really not true to life)
And it's not just an uncomplicated life, the specifics of the story is a bit overboard... my humble opinion!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:20 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I've written for Mishpacha and Binah in the past and while the basic plot is completely planned out beforehand often you change things as the story goes along; more often then not the end result is completely different than the original plan.

As a serial writer I can kind of agree with this. There's a lot of planning beforehand, but often when the writing actually happens, things or rather characters take on a life of their own and the writer notices nuances she hadn't before and now taking them into consideration, shifts the entire plot.

But even so, there's the still the themes, the character goals, the basic arc that is all pre-planned.

Winging it like this is not recommended for a good final product.
It may work on a week to week basis, but if compiled it will likely lag and fail in many places.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:23 pm
What happened this week? Where is Shalom what’s going on?!

giselle

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 12:30 am
Ugh I was so mad 😡 !!!!

Could have guessed this. The storyline is a mess. Stopped reading weeks ago. I usually skip serials, but I happen to have read the first week so continued for a bit. I don’t get the hype.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 1:44 am
A well written plot line is written before. Yes, you add and adit things provided you don’t change it drastically or there will be holes.

Fun fact- did you know that jk Rowling wrote all seven books before even releasing book #1? The plot has no room for holes and perhaps that’s why it is so loved. Not to mention well written.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:31 pm
Hi, away from hone for a few wks and curious what happened in this past wks installment, can anyone summarize? Thx!

bsy

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:37 pm
My biggest issue with this story is that no matter what just happened, chava always falls asleep in a second. With so much drama and angst, I'd expect her to have a hard time falling asleep. Very Happy Very Happy
Page 6 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room