Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
3 INEXPENSIVE things that make life easier or pleasanter
Previous  1  2  3  4

silverlining3

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 12:24 am
PORTABLE CHARGERS TO THE RESCUE NOW!!! Only $16, and it makes a person so much calmer, not fearing of a dying phone during a blackout.

1ofbillions

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 12:44 am
A popsocket for my phone - I’m a very fidgety person and I love having a fidget type toy with me all the time. Oh and it also functions as a phone stand - very helpful when watching.

A back massager. Amazon has some for very cheap that are great.

BugBiteThing for mosquito bites - it sucks out the venom to reduce or completely get rid of itchiness. I was skeptical but being that it’s only $10, I tried it and am delighted that it actually seems to work!

mig100

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 2:17 am
silverlining3 wrote:
PORTABLE CHARGERS TO THE RESCUE NOW!!! Only $16, and it makes a person so much calmer, not fearing of a dying phone during a blackout.

Can you send me a link?

jerusalem90

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 5:18 am
I thought of another one -- having more underwear and socks than you need. I do laundry at least once a week and have about 12 pairs of underwear and 20 pairs of socks. It's just nice knowing you'll always have a clean pair, no having to hunt.

Also when I found good socks on sale I threw away all of my old, different colored, mismatched socks. Even though most were white they were slightly different colors and syles, and I bought like 20 pairs of the exact same sock. Saves me having to pair them up.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 6:51 am
Chayalle wrote:
silpat cookie sheet liners. Line your baking pans with them when you are making cookies, roll your babka dough out on them, etc....your dough will not stick and it washes clean easily.

My baking history (and my enthusiastic cookie monsters) love these.

Can you roll and braid challah dough on the silpat liners?

silverlining3

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 7:18 am
mig100 wrote:
Can you send me a link?

I actually never had until yesterday. Bought it in a local store.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 8:06 am
1- Foldable Multi-Function Cutting Boards for Kitchen, Vegetable and Fruit Chopping, Cutting, Rinsing and Folding Board, Cutting Boards for Kitchen Dishwasher Safe, Best Chopping Board by Dvcline https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....c9244
2- Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub Blue,Blue/White https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....2ac44
3- and my hanging shoe organizer that’s inside my pantry door that I filled with snacks and granola bars

Colorpop

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 8:09 am
$10 Milk frother from amazon. Changes my morning coffee.

Lets_Eat_Pie

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 8:40 am
My small vegetable choppers. I used to call them slap chops, but I think that's a brand name. They're perfect for when things are too small to bother with the food processor. I actually have two, one for onions/garlic/peppers/other veggies and one for nuts/chocolate/sweet things. Easy to wash in the dishwasher.

OXO chopper
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics