Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Guilty Jewish mom syndrome: bocharim coming home late
Previous  1  2

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 2:26 pm
I’m so sad and dreading this schedule.I have one ds among bunch of dd. So sad that he won’t be home with the rest of the family. I’m also not a night person but I will have to be. I have a few more years iyh

jd1212

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 3:24 pm
QueensMama wrote:
1. Buy him special treats. Slip it in his yeshivah bag/whisper in his ear that there's a treat waiting for him in the freezer when he comes home.

2. Write him loving notes for him to find.

3. Even if you only have five minutes, make them count. Greet him enthusiastically when he comes home, tell him how proud you are of him and how it makes you so happy to see him.

4. Once a semester or so, take him out of yeshivah for a day for Mommy and me time. Make it sound like its your treat-you're so excited to spend time with him!

Love these!

My mom took me out of school in middle school probably also once a semester to go to the park or to get a cheap manicure and they’re really some of my warmest childhood memories.

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 4:25 pm
Your son had normal yeshiva through the lockdown? Mine are away in dorms but it was nice to have them home for a couple of extra months.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 5:22 pm
Raisin wrote:
Your son had normal yeshiva through the lockdown? Mine are away in dorms but it was nice to have them home for a couple of extra months.

He was home from March until May. He returned when there were no more new cases in our community for a couple of weeks. I enjoyed the time he was home!

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 5:30 pm
itsmeima wrote:
Is this the norm? I’m horrified 😢

Are boys out from 6-9 (or later!)?

I'm the amother you quoted. My boys are out ther door by 7:10 am and home about 10 pm on an early night.

How grateful I was for quarantine and zoom! To know my kids are all home at a normal hour. They actually enjoyed it too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics