Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Would you go on vacation to Florida now???
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Chloe22

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:46 pm
No! Even if corona was not a factor, it's way too hot!

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 5:56 pm
I would no go on a plane they are not taking out the middle seats I heard that the people with the cheaper seats get on first
if I did go I would go to boca raton lots of kosher food and nice shuls and people
I read you cant get carona from swimmin in a pool

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 6:56 am
My announced yesterday they are starting to collect ppl information as they get off the plane. If you refuse it’s 2000 fine. Will ppl start flying into Newark. Or will nj follow.
Do you think they will do anything with that info?

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 5:46 pm
Any way to know if Florida will be out of quarantine zone anytime soon?
I miss Florida and want to visit!

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 5:48 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Any way to know if Florida will be out of quarantine zone anytime soon?
I miss Florida and want to visit!

Probably not. And deblahblahblah just announced that they are setting up checkpoints throughout the 5 boroughs to enforce the quarantine order.

silverlining3

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 6:10 pm
I didn't read any comments.
Florida is stinky humid in the summer months.

If a vacation opportunity won't arise so quick again, definitely use this time, but find someplace else to go.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 6:34 pm
Today at work, I overheard a corworker telling someone that she just came back from Florida vacation yesterday! I work in an office with over 100 ladies IN ONE ROOM. I was FUMING. I really don't think that she understood how selfish she was being. I told my supervisor who reported it to HR. HR told her that she has to work from home for two weeks. I don't understand how stupid people can be. I have asthma and there are tons of other women who are pregnant and have other high risk conditions.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 4:39 pm
Florida lifted the mandatory quarantine from the Tri state area!!!

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 4:44 pm
We go to Florida almost every year for summer and love it! Between the beach, pool and airconditioning it's the perfect vacation for my family.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 4:46 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
We go to Florida almost every year for summer and love it! Between the beach, pool and airconditioning it's the perfect vacation for my family.

So what’s going to be with the quarantine checkpoints that Deblabla is enforcing now

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 4:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would you go on vacation to Florida now if it’s was a real opportunity that won’t present itself again? Please say why yes or why not. Ty

I know it’s $23 a round trip ticket and a lure but no!!!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 4:49 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I know it’s $23 a round trip ticket and a lure but no!!!

Why not if you rent your own private house

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 4:50 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
So what’s going to be with the quarantine checkpoints that Deblabla is enforcing now

We will quarantine when we're back in NY.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 5:26 pm
anyone know what will be succos time? I want to go either to Arizona or Florida but don't want to keep my kids home from school afterwards...

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 1:55 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Today at work, I overheard a corworker telling someone that she just came back from Florida vacation yesterday! I work in an office with over 100 ladies IN ONE ROOM. I was FUMING. I really don't think that she understood how selfish she was being. I told my supervisor who reported it to HR. HR told her that she has to work from home for two weeks. I don't understand how stupid people can be. I have asthma and there are tons of other women who are pregnant and have other high risk conditions.

While I agree she’s wrong, you do realize that these people are everywhere.
NYC doesn’t enforce quarantine so people can come and go freely.

They’re at the grocery, at your children’s schools, and probably some more at work who were smart enough not to talk about it...

ruchelbuckle

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 3:36 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
anyone know what will be succos time? I want to go either to Arizona or Florida but don't want to keep my kids home from school afterwards...

If anyone tells you that they know what will be Sukkos time, then I have a bridge to sell you.... This matzav is changing weekly. No one knows.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:59 am
I'm considering. There are like 100 families from NY/ NJ right now in Florida. If we take a private house, with private pool, and basically stay there besides for going to Walmart with masks, whats the problem? Its hot, true, but just as hot as NJ, and its so beautiful there.
(BTW we had covid so not concerned)

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:15 am
BTW, I am in Florida now, visiting my grandmother. We rented a house with a pool. We are not going most places, except to my grandmother’s. It’s hot here, but not much hotter than where we came from. Any grocery errands/pharmacy, etc.... I do by myself. I used my grandmothers library card today to pick up books for my kids— only I went. No eating out. No attractions, especially not indoor ones. I might take my little kids to the Palm Beach Zoo, which is limiting the number of people in at any given time, but my husband isn’t so excited about it. We are planning on following the quarantine/testing guidelines in our state when we come home. We haven’t had the virus, and there isn’t clear evidence having it once protects you or others, so not sure why that’s relevant.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:12 pm
Isn’t it raining there every single day??

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 3:24 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Isn’t it raining there every single day??

Florida is a big state, so I assume you are talking about South Florida? Yes- it rains for 10 minutes and then it’s done. It doesn’t prevent us from having fun in the pool or anything.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics