Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Ramat Beit Shemesh

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 8:11 pm
could someone tell me (by private message possibly) about the issue in Ramat Beit Shemesh with teenage girls and boys meeting up on Shabbos at the park? Is this only one specific park and if so which one? Is this something to be concerned about?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 8:34 pm
I'm not understanding your post. When I was growing up, some of my best friends had boyfriends. I didn't, because I was brought up not to. I don't know about Ramat Bet Shemesh but I live near a park where my kids hang out every shabbos with their friends. There are all sorts of people in the park, including some teenage boys and girls hanging out together. My teens don't (so far bh).

People don't suddenly change their lifestyle or hashkafa because they see someone else doing it...you've got to give them more credit than that.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 8:35 pm
RBS is a great community. There are many types of schools and programs to help adolescents
Every area all over the world has kids who are looking for inappropriate socialization.
If your child is in a good place they wont be corrupted by some kids in a park.
Hashem should protect all of his children

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 1:42 am
We live in RBS and my teens do not socialize in the park on Friday night.
They have no interest.
There are many parks in RBS and many will have teens hanging out there. Our local park is harmless. I'd rather my kids hang out in he park than in someone's basement.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 2:09 am
My question was sort of is it specific to one park or all over as my thought is that is someone has a dira overlooking one of these parks that they wouldn't want kids sitting out on a mirpeset on Shabbos and having to watch mingling at the park.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 2:22 am
A park is going to be noisy. Kids and adults alike will congregate there. If that bothers someone, then buy or rent on the other side of the building which doesn't face a park.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 2:23 am
You are probably talking about the park on Ayalon in Aleph.

I lived near there and walked my dog a lot at night. I think in the year I lived there, I maybe saw one or two couples, doing nothing more than sitting and chatting on a bench. No displays of affection, drinking, smoking, or anything else that looked shady.

99.999% of the time, it's groups of girls, and groups of boys, but they don't mix. That would be really weird. If anything, they'd be afraid that their friends would see them mixing, and they don't want to get a bad name.

If you really don't want to see what goes on in the park, don't get an apartment on Nachal Ayalon. Those units are very expensive, anyway. There are much better deals off of Nachal Dolev and Nachal
Sorek.

If you need a really amazing realtor for purchase or rental, PM me. She speaks fluent English, Hebrew, and French, and has lived in the area for over 30 years. She knows every inch of it, including schools, shuls, grocery stores, you name it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 2:24 am
Not bothered by noisy.
Specifically talking about teenage boys and girls hanging out affectionately together in a religious neighborhood.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 2:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not bothered by noisy.
Specifically talking about teenage boys and girls hanging out affectionately together in a religious neighborhood.

You really can't control that. My apartment in RBS doesn't overlook a park but I see affectionate couples, married and non married, walk past my mirpeset all the time.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 2:27 am
No, it's not a problem.
It may have been years ago in one place as mentioned above.
There are wonderful frum families here with many kids and they don't have a problem.
If you're worried, don't get an apartment overlooking ayalon park. Live on or off Revivim or Sorek, Kishon, Uriah. Or come to gimmel Smile It's more standards chareidi Israeli here.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 3:46 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
You are probably talking about the park on Ayalon in Aleph.

No - the park on Dolev.
No one goes to Ayalon for years.

My sister is one of those people hanging out - it's the park on Dolev, Dolev area, and the mini park across from Best.

On Ayalon it's small groups of friends - not intermingling with 30 other people.

Honestly don't live on Dolev OP then. Also most of the Yeshivish/BY crowd doesn't live on Dolev anyway. Dolev is a mix but leans more modern.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 4:15 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
No - the park on Dolev.
No one goes to Ayalon for years.

My sister is one of those people hanging out - it's the park on Dolev, Dolev area, and the mini park across from Best.

On Ayalon it's small groups of friends - not intermingling with 30 other people.

Honestly don't live on Dolev OP then. Also most of the Yeshivish/BY crowd doesn't live on Dolev anyway. Dolev is a mix but leans more modern.

I used to live on Dolev, across the street from the small makolet. The park is all part of the same area. It starts on Dolev, but continues down along Ayalon. It literally starts at that intersection, so it's pretty much the same thing. I'd "walk the loop" almost every night. If it was super hot during the day, and it only cooled off really late, I could be out there at all kinds of crazy hours, so I had a chance to see the park at all different times of night. I got to see a fox once, that was pretty cool.

I do agree that Aleph is very modern. There are lots of Anglo kids there. I was constantly surprised to see them out at 2am on a school night. Is that an Israeli thing to let your kids out so late during the week? I see really little kids out as late as 10pm when the weather is nice. It's so weird, compared to America where kids are expected to be indoors after dark.

Still, I haven't seen any "making out". Sitting close and giggling, maybe even holding hands, but that's it. I'm not saying that other people didn't see more. I'm sure it's possible. I'm just saying that in my experience, it's wasn't an every day, rampant issue.

All of Aleph is pretty liberal compared to the rest of Beit Shemesh. There's more freedom to "do your own thing" compared to Bet or Gimmel. If that is going to be a concern, you need to look into other neighborhoods.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 4:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My question was sort of is it specific to one park or all over as my thought is that is someone has a dira overlooking one of these parks that they wouldn't want kids sitting out on a mirpeset on Shabbos and having to watch mingling at the park.

Many boys and girls, mostly separately but with a pause to say hi to each other, but sometimes together, go around Dolev on Friday night. Some hang out on the park on Dolev near Timna.
Do you mean making out? You won't see that during regular Shabbat socializing hours.
Though I did see a young couple kissing at a bus stop on the street leading down to Mishkafayim one evening.
Don't buy there. LOL

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 5:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
could someone tell me (by private message possibly) about the issue in Ramat Beit Shemesh with teenage girls and boys meeting up on Shabbos at the park? Is this only one specific park and if so which one? Is this something to be concerned about?
OP, where is your questions coming from? Did you hear about these things actually happening? Or is it just rumors.
I know that when I lived in RBS 15 years ago, first of all, it was so much smaller than it is now. And yes, there was "hanging out" but nobody was making out in the park. But remember, RBS is not just charedi or chassidish and teens will be teens. Im sure there is and always will be teens "hanging out". Nothing wrong with it. But if you want to be sure that you are not living in a community that allows that, you might want to look into a very sheltered living area, thats all.

twizzlers1

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 5:52 am
I live in RBS. It is a very mixed neighborhood so if you're looking for a neighborhood where you will not see kids holding hands at all then this is probably not the neighborhood for you. You will often see couples holding hands on a walk too. One thing we like about this neighborhood is it is a mix of people. You will definitely see teenage boys and girls hanging out and that's not just at the park in my opinion. This is a concern for you you should probably look into a more charedi only neighborhood.

Therapist123

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 3:16 pm
Does anyone have girls in Moriyah school? Do you know which high schools girls tend to go to from there? Thank you.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 5:06 pm
Therapist123 wrote:
Does anyone have girls in Moriyah school? Do you know which high schools girls tend to go to from there? Thank you.

Dati Leumi. A midrasha

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:53 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Many boys and girls, mostly separately but with a pause to say hi to each other, but sometimes together, go around Dolev on Friday night. Some hang out on the park on Dolev near Timna.
Do you mean making out? You won't see that during regular Shabbat socializing hours.
Though I did see a young couple kissing at a bus stop on the street leading down to Mishkafayim one evening.
Don't buy there. LOL

LOL, I see couples at that bus stop being affectionate all the time! What's with that bus stop?
LOL

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:00 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
LOL, I see couples at that bus stop being affectionate all the time! What's with that bus stop?
LOL

Maybe the street lights don't shine directly there, so it's darker than other places. Wink

I think it's helpful to define what is considered "affectionate", and what level is considered offensive and beyond the pale.

Are they holding hands, sitting close, and giggling?

A slight peck on the cheek?

Making out and heavy petting?

I guess it all comes down to your sensitivity level, and what you can turn a blind eye to. You can "see" something, without "looking" at something. I just avert my eyes and carry on with my life.

Maybe that's why I don't perceive it to be such a big problem. If I do notice something, I've already forgotten about it 3 seconds later. It just doesn't sink in and upset me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating