Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish community in Tampa Bay FL
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 7:02 am
Mamaluv18 wrote:
Where in Tampa is the proposed location?
Pasco county as far as I know malka taussig is leading this project , also heard that they're planning to have the school run by Rabbi Klein from bais sura in boro park , wondering how true that is

flmommy

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 7:03 am
How soon is this starting? For this or next school year?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 7:07 am
flmommy wrote:
How soon is this starting? For this or next school year?
nope , in a year from now they plan to have the first 100 families move in

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:53 am
I know this thread is old but I want to know about the weathers in Tampa.

Google tells me the heat is sweltering for 5 months.

Is it livable? How does it compare to Miami?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:29 am
Any updates?
Anybody signed contract with them?
Wonder if this is selling or not.

It’s my dream place to live, but I’m wondering about the hurricane risk. I’ve read that Tampa bay is very vulnerable to hurricane disasters and the fact that it didn’t strike Tampa since the 1990’s is pure luck.
Does it make sense to settle down in such a vulnerable place or is this new community located more far away from the bayside and considered less vulnerable or something

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would love to hear more info about this community, is it only Chassidish ,if yes Wich chasidus? Someone mentioned that they're building 2500 houses , who is backing this financialy?

I know nothing about this community except that it exists and someone I know said she called somebody there because she has been thinking about relocating from south FL and she said they were not particularly welcoming, not looking to grow their community outside of their own kind.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:38 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Totally different: Brooklyn Is Cold 3/4 of the year. There is no winter in Tampa

it’s just my observation

So 4 months of women in shorts and tank tops is ok but more than that and men might implode?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:29 am
I questioned Mrs. Tausig about the options if a family who makes the move gets lucky with giving birth to a special needs child, what programs or support would they have there. There will be no good hospitals to treat them and no help for the child. No one is guaranteed anything in life, it is kind of deserted place still, so think alot before making a decision to move there.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:44 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
So 4 months of women in shorts and tank tops is ok but more than that and men might implode?

That's why most go up to the Catskills

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:45 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Any updates?
Anybody signed contract with them?
Wonder if this is selling or not.

It’s my dream place to live, but I’m wondering about the hurricane risk. I’ve read that Tampa bay is very vulnerable to hurricane disasters and the fact that it didn’t strike Tampa since the 1990’s is pure luck.
Does it make sense to settle down in such a vulnerable place or is this new community located more far away from the bayside and considered less vulnerable or something

This specific place is 45 minutes away from the beach

cnc

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:50 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I questioned Mrs. Tausig about the options if a family who makes the move gets lucky with giving birth to a special needs child, what programs or support would they have there. There will be no good hospitals to treat them and no help for the child. No one is guaranteed anything in life, it is kind of deserted place still, so think alot before making a decision to move there.

Keep in mind, that people move to New York to access services for special needs children. There are plenty of “undeserted” places that don’t have sufficient support for children with specific needs.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
That's why most go up to the Catskills

Really? I genuinely thought people go to Catskills so that their kids who live in the city can get some fresh air and run around in the summer.

And since so many men stay in the cities to work, only joining their wives and kids for Shabbos, I tend to think my explanation makes more sense.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 12:08 pm
Does anyone know what type of crowd they are looking for?
Neutral? More/less chassidish?

Does anyone know someone who moved there and what type of chassidish they are?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 12:17 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:

?!

What kind of backward hovel do you think Tampa is?! Please don't go around spreading misinformation. There are plenty of good hospitals in the area ( Tampa General https://www.tgh.org/news/media.....a-bay ; John's Hopkins, the leading children's hospital on Florida's west coast; an hour south is Sarasota Memorial, etc).

As for being "deserted," it has 400,000 residents. (Unless you mean deserted in that there isn't a big Jewish infrastructure there?).

Move there, don't move there, whatever you'd like. Just don't make ridiculous claims.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 12:24 pm
Deserted from Frum yidden. Yes, I know there are some there...
They have hospitals but not for high risk Patients. I asked about it and this is the answer I received.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:00 pm
Anybody else?

What type of crowd is this community gonna have?

Power1Mom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:11 pm
This sounds like a really great idea! I always love how chassidim try to do these moves as a community!

Just One

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:43 pm
This is the USA for heaven's sake! There are perfectly good hospitals in the area. Yes NYC has some of the greatest hospitals in the world so if you have a very complicated or rare disease you might want to be treated there but what are the chances?
This sounds like a dream come true to me

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:39 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I know nothing about this community except that it exists and someone I know said she called somebody there because she has been thinking about relocating from south FL and she said they were not particularly welcoming, not looking to grow their community outside of their own kind.

And now I’m turned off lol.

Wouldn’t wanna live in a community where people don’t welcome people who are a bit different like BTs and geirim. Oy.

Wait, maybe we can move there and make our own little block of bts and geirim!! It’s better to live with frum people who went through the same stuff we did and we can relate more to each other and not feel like a monkey in a cage when we’re asked questions for entertainment!! Once in a while (rarely) someone is genuinely impressed and literally welcome us into their families! We have 2 families that literally adopted us!!
Already I’ve been told 10-15 times to speak in front of a crowd and I always refused. I find that I’m much more open about my life here on ima than in real life where I feel like that....

I prefer to write a book someday instead when I’m done building a family, (or maybe I can write little by little as the time goes on.)
I’m too shy for public speaking

I’m dreaming, of course.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Anybody else?

What type of crowd is this community gonna have?

The people that I know are looking into it are very chassidish. Satmar and Bobov.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating