Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Filter for iphone

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 6:32 pm
Dd needs for sem. Any suggestions?

realb

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 9:28 pm
I'm not sure about an iPhone but I have gentech for a Samsung phone and it's a great filter

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 9:45 pm
Does it prevent using Netflix or similar apps? What about music apps?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:08 pm
Iphones have built in parental controls. You can set it to allow or disallow whichever apps you’d like. You can also set which content rating you allow. Someone else can set the password.

realb

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:10 am
The gentech filter is easy to customize. You get to choose what should be blocked or not.
I chose which apps to block and which categories on the browser should be blocked. You can always email support if you need something to be changed.

malki2

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:21 am
iPhone is the best phone to filter as the filtering system is fool-proof. It also doesn’t cost anything. Just go to screen time and choose exactly which settings and apps and websites to allow. Then lock them with a password.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 3:46 pm
malki2 wrote:
iPhone is the best phone to filter as the filtering system is fool-proof. It also doesn’t cost anything. Just go to screen time and choose exactly which settings and apps and websites to allow. Then lock them with a password.

Does this work for an iPad too?

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 3:46 pm
realb wrote:
The gentech filter is easy to customize. You get to choose what should be blocked or not.
I chose which apps to block and which categories on the browser should be blocked. You can always email support if you need something to be changed.

Does a gentech filter slow the device?

malki2

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 3:51 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Does this work for an iPad too?

I don’t know, but if the iPad works the same with respect to controlling screen time, then it should work.

malki2

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 3:52 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Does a gentech filter slow the device?

Yes. And it uses battery. But Android will need it to filter properly. Only IPhone can be filtered without an external filter.

LovetoLive

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:14 am
The built in screen time for apple works well for choosing which apps to allow or not allow. If you block safari then she won’t have internet access at all.
Do not rely on the built in filter for safari. If you set it to block adult content, it is not reliable.

It’s better to block safari completely and install a filtered browser to use instead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics