Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Hershey pa

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:09 pm
any fun things to do in hershey besides the park, for older children

Woman of Valor

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:44 pm
we liked the butterfly garden and chocolate factory ride

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:45 pm
Thanks what can you elaborate about the butterfly garden

Woman of Valor

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks what can you elaborate about the butterfly garden

dunno if it is your type but there is an arboretum/garden that has a butterfly cage that you can walk through and actually be up close with the butterflies. Call and check if they are open because of the pandemic. If you have any questions let me know

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:58 pm
WindowMagic wrote:
dunno if it is your type but there is an arboretum/garden that has a butterfly cage that you can walk through and actually be up close with the butterflies. Call and check if they are open because of the pandemic. If you have any questions let me know

Thanks it's called butterfly garden?

Woman of Valor

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks it's called butterfly garden?

https://www.hersheygardens.org.....trium

Butterfly Atrium at Hershey Gardens

Woman of Valor

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:12 pm
Also we loved lake tobias wildlife park, about 45 min away I think, check for pandemic situation

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 11:05 pm
Thanks Amy minyanim around there

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 1:33 pm
WindowMagic wrote:
Also we loved lake tobias wildlife park, about 45 min away I think, check for pandemic situation

Thanks how long is we're you in the park for? Is it worth it

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 2:06 pm
We also enjoyed lake Tobias - have gone at least twice. My younger kids liked it. Not sure if they would now. You can spend as long as you want. There is safari and reptile show. Petting zoo. And then you can walk and see all the animals. Bring a picnic. Depends how long you drag it out. Wink

Mini trips:
There is a wooden car ferry to cross the Susquehanna
We’ve driven to the Pottsville ghost town (self guided), knoebels, gravity hill as another day trip.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks Amy minyanim around there

I would say Harrisburg but closed for covid. Next closest is lancaster - but I would check if they allow visitors.

Woman of Valor

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 2:10 pm
No idea, we loved safari ride

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 2:34 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
We also enjoyed lake Tobias - have gone at least twice. My younger kids liked it. Not sure if they would now. You can spend as long as you want. There is safari and reptile show. Petting zoo. And then you can walk and see all the animals. Bring a picnic. Depends how long you drag it out. Wink

Mini trips:
There is a wooden car ferry to cross the Susquehanna
We’ve driven to the Pottsville ghost town (self guided), knoebels, gravity hill as another day trip.

Thanks what is Pottsville ghost town

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 12:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks what is Pottsville ghost town

There was a city called Centralia (sorry not Pottsville - it’s near there) that had an underground fire. My kids are the type to be fascinated by it. We read up on the history. Looked through the town ruins. Checked out the abounded highway. There isn’t a ton there but it was a cool detour (for my kids). You have to do research in advance.
Gravity hill is closer to knoebels. Also a quick quirky Detour. You coast backward down a hill but it looks like you are going up.

We drove to knoebels. Made stop in Centralia on way there and stopped at gravity hill on way home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics