Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Looking for easy wedding hair styles for girls

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:21 am
I’m looking for a hairstyle that is easy to make for unprofessional me that will look fancy enough for a family wedding for my daughters. For various reasons I can’t get their hair done professionally.

They all have sleek straight medium length hair What can I do with it?
Links to videos would be helpful.

rockstar

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 12:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m looking for a hairstyle that is easy to make for unprofessional me that will look fancy enough for a family wedding for my daughters. For various reasons I can’t get their hair done professionally.

They all have sleek straight medium length hair What can I do with it?
Links to videos would be helpful.

Where you located? I know a beginner that wld do it for free in Brooklyn. She’s looking for experience

SingALong

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 12:19 pm
I had my girls in high ponytails, with hair wrapped around the rubber band. Their hair is wavy so the pony had a lot of body. My teen dd also pulled two pieces in the front down to have 2 waves going down on both sides of her face.
I’ve seen the pony look with straight hair too, no hair pulled down in fron and it was stillalso stunning. Google images for evening pony hairstyle

SingALong

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 12:20 pm
Or google elegant pony hairstyle

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 12:20 pm
Maybe OP isn't comfortable with the exposure, or the wedding is who knows where.

Does their hair hold curls? We have done high half pony with it curled almost to ringlets.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 1:09 pm
When I was in this situation last year, I googled for easy flowergirl hairstyles and then watched on youtube how to do the style I wanted. I did (think it was called waterfall) where you take a small strand of hair from the front and weave it through, so it makes a sort of half pony and then I curled the bottom section with my curler. Then I hairsprayed it to stay in place. Looked really cute and the curls didn't drop out.
Depending on your creative abilities-there's quite a few easy styles out there. Also a nice headpiece whether a bow, tiara, flowers etc can jazz up a more basic hairstyle.
Try these articles for inspiration...
https://www.theknot.com/conten.....tyles
https://hairmotive.com/flower-.....yles/
https://therighthairstyles.com.....yles/

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 1:22 pm
For sleek hair you can just leave it straight and put on a wreath or pin in real flowers.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:02 pm
I'm not great with different hairstyles, but this one I have managed for weddings and it looked nice. Separate a small section of hair on each side of the head above the ear. Make a braid on each side, with a small ponytail holder at the bottom, and bring them to the middle of the head in back. Secure with bobby pins and a pretty bow on top.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:25 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....99a8e
Swipe through the pictures on this Amazon listing to see how this is worn. The model looks really sweet with her hair straight down with this framing it.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 6:31 pm
Btw from bitter experience I would add that whichever hairstyle you want to do, please experiment before the big day so you know what you're doing. There's enough stresses in trying to get ready on the day without adding trying to do a new hairstyle on 3 girls and it's just not working! Also it's easiest to style damp/wet hair rather than dry hair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics