Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How do your kids ask for love?

Genius

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:46 pm
My son asks for his hands to be washed whilst in the middle of eating his onion garlic flutes...
(Happened multiple times this week)
What does your child do for attention?

sweetie2shoes

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:02 pm
Talks and talks and talks and talks

Genius

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:05 pm
sweetie2shoes wrote:

And talks and talks...
You ever tried giving food to keep their mouth occupied? Just for a little break

sweetie2shoes

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:11 pm
genius wrote:
And talks and talks...
You ever tried giving food to keep their mouth occupied? Just for a little break

What a great idea, thanks!

I always remind myself that it's such a blessing that she wants to talk to me and I hope that it will continue when she's older. But this is such a great way to get a few minutes of quiet.

Genius

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:18 pm
sweetie2shoes wrote:
What a great idea, thanks!

I always remind myself that it's such a blessing that she wants to talk to me and I hope that it will continue when she's older. But this is such a great way to get a few minutes of quiet.

Yeah it is a wonderful thing and I’m always overflowing with wonderful ideas...

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:25 pm
sweetie2shoes wrote:

Is she your oldest?
My oldest, when she was 3 would spend more time telling me about preschool than she actually spent there! It would be 3 hours later and we would still only be at 10am. I knew everything about everyone, what they wore, ate, played with, whom they played with, what color crayon they used to color, what the Morah told them.....clearly I did not need to read the weekly news letter.
She is 19 and B"H, I am still VERY well informed about her life.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:18 pm
amethyst. I actually laughed out loud at your post. How did you survive. My kids LOVE to talk to me but the chatter really gets to me after a while...

Genius

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:24 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
amethyst. I actually laughed out loud at your post. How did you survive. My kids LOVE to talk to me but the chatter really gets to me after a while...

Second best to giving em something to chew is sitting into the bathroom with a noise machine (or out the shower on if you can’t afford it)

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:41 pm
Just wait, as I said mine is now 19.
I love knowing what goes on in her life, she gives me stress of all the friend drama- as I hear everything as it unfolds, yet no worries. I always know who she is with, what she is doing, and what is going on in her world-wether it is friends thinking along the lines of OTD, cutting/self harm, eating disorders, drinking/drugs, cheating on exams.....
It really, really is such a bracha that she keeps me so informed and talks to me about everything and anything on her mind. I am unquestionably closest with her (but will 100% deny that to my other DCs).
The years pass really fast. Enjoy your chatterbox. Soak her up and hold her tight.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:55 pm
My sister is always asking my mom to make her hair. She's like 12 already and my mom kept thinking she's big enough and knows how to, why is she asking for it and then realized it's her way of asking for love.
My daughter loves when I get her little things, even if it's like an eraser. I HATE things, and gifts is the only love language I don't relate to at all, but I do it because I see that's what she likes.

Genius

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 7:12 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
My sister is always asking my mom to make her hair. She's like 12 already and my mom kept thinking she's big enough and knows how to, why is she asking for it and then realized it's her way of asking for love.
My daughter loves when I get her little things, even if it's like an eraser. I HATE things, and gifts is the only love language I don't relate to at all, but I do it because I see that's what she likes.

The hair idea is brilliantly creative.
I admire that you are perceptive and realized how much your child likes gifts.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 9:57 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Just wait, as I said mine is now 19.
I love knowing what goes on in her life, she gives me stress of all the friend drama- as I hear everything as it unfolds, yet no worries. I always know who she is with, what she is doing, and what is going on in her world-wether it is friends thinking along the lines of OTD, cutting/self harm, eating disorders, drinking/drugs, cheating on exams.....
It really, really is such a bracha that she keeps me so informed and talks to me about everything and anything on her mind. I am unquestionably closest with her (but will 100% deny that to my other DCs).
The years pass really fast. Enjoy your chatterbox. Soak her up and hold her tight.

A few comments. It’s great your daughter feels so close but there are a few concerns.
1. When she gets married- this MUST stop or it will destroy her marriage.
2. I had a classmate who did that and though I wasn’t friends with her I thought it was really weird (not sure how everyone knew) but her mom knew everything about everyone in the class and it wasn’t normal.

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 10:02 pm
This is how my little DD asks for love.

I’m in the mood of coffee. No, I need a coffee. Desperately. Percolator is on but 1 teaspoon water left inside. But I need a coffee. Refill percolator. Wait till it boils. Getting closer to coffee. I make a coffee. Magically make it to the couch without a spill. Sit down. Pull the recline option up. Almost almost. Make a bracha. Ahhh here comes coffee. Put cup to mouth, and daughter yells from bathroom “mommmmmmmmy I’m finisheddddddd”.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 10:12 pm
I need to make her food and pour her drinks. She is 12. She lives to cook, and makes food for other people, which makes her feel really great when they like it. But before she goes off to school every morning, or midday on a Sunday or whenever, I need to make her food, whether it's from scratch or putting a frozen waffle in the toaster.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics