Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Schools can REOPEN in NY!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:37 pm
Mothers wrote:
The day camps were allowed to open with guidelines by the State/City, and none in Brooklyn (that I know of) are keeping to them.

Doesn't halacha mandate we follow the law? Or am I being really naive...

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:42 pm
Schools should hire more substitute teachers and parents should line up alternative child care. It is possible that there will be school closures and children or teachers who are mildly ill probably will be asked to stay home.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:43 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Doesn't halacha mandate we follow the law? Or am I being really naive...

Don't worry, I am just as naive.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:44 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Schools should hire more substitute teachers and parents should line up alternative child care. It is possible that there will be school closures and children or teachers who are mildly ill probably will be asked to stay home.

Of course this will happen especially with daily temp checks....and when flu season comes, will they start testing anyone with fever for covid? They m

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:46 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Don't worry, I am just as naive.

Me three my kids day camp followed all laws and the school plans to as well. No games here.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:50 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Me three my kids day camp followed all laws and the school plans to as well. No games here.

After reading through the past few months of posts about covid and masks, etc etc, I think we are among the minority.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:54 pm
After reading through the past few months of posts about covid and masks, etc etc, I think we are among the minority.

And shock! shock! shock! The numbers are not going up at all. Even with all the supposed "not following social distancing" etc. etc. etc.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:56 pm
Our camps have been open without masks and SD. And no outbreaks. Now all of a sudden because school is starting we will have to backtrack and do masks and SD? We need some common sense here. Explain to the students why its necessary.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:57 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
And shock! shock! shock! The numbers are not going up at all. Even with all the supposed "not following social distancing" etc. etc. etc.

You missed my point about illegality and halacha.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:10 pm
You missed my point about illegality and halacha.

And you have semichah from....

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:16 pm
As far as I understand, Private schools in NYC fall under state guidelines and not city guidelines? Bc we're not part of the public school system. Or so I think.
When public schools closed in March, our schools remained open for another 2 days. Once cuomo ordered all schools closed across the state we closed.

Elemenopee

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:22 pm
Mothers wrote:
The day camps were allowed to open with guidelines by the State/City, and none in Brooklyn (that I know of) are keeping to them.

That is because most day camps you know are not registered as day camps, as you can see on the signs on their busses. They opened as summer child care centers.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Our camps have been open without masks and SD. And no outbreaks. Now all of a sudden because school is starting we will have to backtrack and do masks and SD? We need some common sense here. Explain to the students why its necessary.

I guess u didn’t see that Nassau country reported the 5 towns had an explosion of new cases after kids came home from a Pennsylvania sleeapaway camp

Mothers

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:26 pm
Elemenopee wrote:
That is because most day camps you know are not registered as day camps, as you can see on the signs on their busses. They opened as summer child care centers.

So what’s to stop schools from doing the same thing (I.e. registering as child care centers)?

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:29 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I guess u didn’t see that Nassau country reported the 5 towns had an explosion of new cases after kids came home from a Pennsylvania sleeapaway camp

I guess this explosion was undocumented because the graph of New York state has been completely flat for the past while.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:35 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Of course this will happen especially with daily temp checks....and when flu season comes, will they start testing anyone with fever for covid? They m

That slight headache, queasy stomach, mild sore throat, stuffy nose, occasional cough, etc will probably require staying home until it can be determined that it isn't contagious. It will be a real pain in the tuchus except that the one thing not caused by Corona virus is a pain in the tuchus!
My son lives in RBS B and someone is almost always home from school. Usually it's because the school is closed due to the virus but I think that they currently have a break that may be something that occurs normally between sessions.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:54 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:

Definitely a difference more indoor time teachers are older then teen councilors. School will have more students bigger classes then campers and classroom think a bunk is what 12-18 campers a classroom is more 22-30. Bh my school is scheduled to open in NJ they are taking the highest precautions and hope to be able to ease up much better then doing nothing and school shutting down. I can't even imagine what will come when flu season hits flu ear infection step are all so normal in the winter.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 7:38 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Definitely a difference more indoor time teachers are older then teen councilors. School will have more students bigger classes then campers and classroom think a bunk is what 12-18 campers a classroom is more 22-30. Bh my school is scheduled to open in NJ they are taking the highest precautions and hope to be able to ease up much better then doing nothing and school shutting down. I can't even imagine what will come when flu season hits flu ear infection step are all so normal in the winter.

Camps here have teachers for counselors and class size is the same as bunk size.

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 9:52 am
From experience: Almost impossible (and unnatural) to keep kids SDing a whole day.
Yes, to in-class where there are set up seats, but the moment they are up and about...
When school was open here, we actually had less stomach bugs, coughs and colds, because any symptom means you need to stay home until cleared that it’s not Covid.
I had to enforce masks for high-schoolers, and it wasn’t easy. In-class, mostly ok, once the class was over it was very difficult. (They just pull it down)

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 1:22 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Yes, me!
Honestly also, I don't see how this will be enforceable. Teachers will be spending the entire day telling kids to put their masks back in place.

If dress codes are enforceable - so are masks. If the teachers can make time to notice every girl whose shirt is untucked, skirt is hiked up, ponytail is off, earrings are too big, or sweater is not the right color they can take the time to make sure masks are still on.

Masks will be part of dress code.

Why does this sound so difficult?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics