Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Your favorite masks

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 3:11 am
I know, everyone's selling them. Looking for tried and true, most comfortable and cute, at least 3 layers, 100% cotton. Also kids masks.

Thanks!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:57 am
Shop on Etsy! There are hundreds of mask makers who can custom make adorable masks in any size, with proper thickness. Some are 3 layers, and some are two layers with a pocket to insert a disposable filter. You can even direct message them to discuss exactly what you want.

Not only can you get cute masks to coordinate with all of your outfits, and ones that will appeal to your kids so they'll want to wear them - you'll be supporting small SAHM businesses that otherwise would be suffering financially from the shut downs.

By giving individuals your money directly, instead of buying from a manufacturer, you can feel good about knowing that you are rebuilding the economy on a person by person basis.

ETA: You can even shop by location, to shorten shipping distance. This will help reduce your carbon footprint.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:50 pm
Thanks, FF! I actually have made a few orders from Etsy but wasn't thrilled with them. Happy to hear specific suggestions though if you have a tried & true one!

Anyone else?

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:01 pm
I really like the ones from Shirtspace.com. Very soft.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:05 pm
Very expensive but these Israeli masks are anti-viral: https://sonoviatech.com/shop/?.....novia

srbmom

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:26 pm
I was very happy with DoubleJoyDesigns on Etsy
Both the adults and kids washable masks are great
(I tried the one with the nose wire and did not like the 3D shape, sticking to the other style)

DVOM

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 7:27 pm
I make my own 😎. My favorites have lace edging and beading... I'm loving making my masks a fashion statement!

West End Tova

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks, FF! I actually have made a few orders from Etsy but wasn't thrilled with them. Happy to hear specific suggestions though if you have a tried & true one!

Anyone else?

SewFunThreads on Etsy

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:53 pm
Has anyone tried the Gap masks? They have really cute patterns, wondering about the fabric and fit

srbmom

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 9:00 pm
I bought the GAP masks when they first came out - back in May. I was very disappointed. The material is a heavy cotton - think boys chinos - I can't breath at all. Also it said "assorted pattern", but from the five, three were the same pattern - and it was awful.

Things definitely may have changed since then...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 9:29 pm
I just ordered a bunch from target. Haven't tried them yet. But the price was right...

Stars

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 9:29 pm
These are the only ones I can tolerate. You can sew a Small colored stitch or tie a small ribbon around the loops to differentiate which one belongs to which family member.

https://www.amazon.com/CLEAN-M.....r=8-4

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 9:40 pm
Stars wrote:
These are the only ones I can tolerate. You can sew a Small colored stitch or tie a small ribbon around the loops to differentiate which one belongs to which family member.

https://www.amazon.com/CLEAN-M.....r=8-4

I have those and can't stand that it goes right up against my mouth when I breathe and even gets stuck to my lips when I talk. Plus it fogs up my glasses

itsmeima

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 9:51 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Has anyone tried the Gap masks? They have really cute patterns, wondering about the fabric and fit

Yes, for my kids. They run a little big.

Adidas face masks are really comfortable.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 4:32 pm
Looking to buy my daughter a mask for school. This is not about a fashion statement but it should be as comfortable as possible without compromising efficiency. does such a thing exist?
(she wore the disposable ones all summer and was comfortable in them, but I hear that they are not the most effective.)

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 5:29 pm
Anyone know how the target masks run? For kids ages 4-16?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 12:09 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Anyone know how the target masks run? For kids ages 4-16?

They run large and slip down easily. Not a fan
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics