Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Is West Hempstead right for us?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:47 pm
Hi,
I just want to start by wishing everyone an easy and meaningful fast.
We have been talking about moving for the past 3 years now. You might remember some of my previous posts. We bought a house 2 years ago, moved into it, I had such a hard time adjusting, we moved back. We have been back here for 2 years. Through some therapy and trying to do work on myself, I have come to the really difficult realization that we really do need to move. We are possibly thinking that instead of moving out of state if that is too drastic for me, we are now considering Long Island (West Hempstead mainly). We are modern orthodox. My 10 year old daughter wears shorts and pants. My husband is very liberal and wants a shul with people who will respect his views. We want to be able to belong to a community where we feel welcomed and wanted. I want to be around people who are accepting. We have nothing like that where we currently are. It's been a really rough 2 years for my family and I just want us to finally feel settled somewhere. Anyone live in West Hempstead and can tell me if we would get what we are looking for? Thank you so much in advance for any and all responses ❤️

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 9:36 am
I think that yes you would be totally fine fitting in
There is a wide range of people and everyone is very respectful of one another

-been here for ~25 years, multigenerational

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 10:17 am
Yes

bcimhappy

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 10:48 pm
West Hempstead is open minded. Big mix of different types. Its great. Been living here for 5 years. Modern, in between, yeshivush, and just plain frum.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 11:15 pm
Yes, from the little bit you shared about yourself it sounds like you would definitely fit in here. The community ranges from more modern (women wear pants and don't cover their hair) to more yeshiva type families (where the girls wear long sleeves and only skirts that cover the knees). But everyone is very accepting and noone judges others for where they are holding. It's a very live and let live community. We've only been here about a year and a half but are very happy.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 1:39 pm
Thank. You all so much for your responses!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating