Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What was the latest you moved a child out of your room?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

silverlining3

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 3:46 am
My oldest was sleeping the longest time in my room, 11 months, and I had to move her out due to having another baby. The rest, without having another baby, I put out arnd 6-8 months. Need back my space and freedom. Most of my kids are light sleepers, have to watch not to make too much noise, not to talk too loud, not too much light open, etc.

Rappel

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 4:07 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I need to move my 12 month old out already Can't Believe It any tips? My older kids were much easier but she eats so often at night that the thought of having to stand up every time she cries makes me nervous

Yes. Have your husband put his foot down and do it for you. Wink

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:44 am
6 months. I wanted to move him out by 1 month- same as my first- but I didn’t want him to wake up my 3 year old. In the end, I bought a noise machine and put it by my 3 year olds pillow. Works like a dream.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:04 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
My friend had twin 5 year olds in her room (life in a 1 bedroom) lack of space.

Not just twins, but 5 year old twins!
If that's not fool-proof birth control, I don't know what is! LOL

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:10 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Not just twins, but 5 year old twins!
If that's not fool-proof birth control, I don't know what is! LOL

Not exactly. They were moved out when the next set of twins arrived! BH

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:15 am
Not exactly. They were moved out when the next set of twins arrived! BH

Wooow. As a mom of twins, having another set is really not on my agenda. But I guess with 5 year olds you can cope much easier. I am expecting my 5th and still don't have a kid over 5.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:23 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Wooow. As a mom of twins, having another set is really not on my agenda. But I guess with 5 year olds you can cope much easier. I am expecting my 5th and still don't have a kid over 5.

Keep a couple of them in your room and maybe they’ll be spaced more widely? 😜

bigsis144

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:51 am
I slept in my parents’ bed until I was 8 😄
They had three twin beds smooshed together, and 4 kids + my parents co-sleeping.

My mother is a total hippie, and it was *glorious* as a kid to sleep in a happy puppy pile of sisters.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:25 am
Keep a couple of them in your room and maybe they’ll be spaced more widely? 😜

Lol! My mom also advised this Tongue Out
In practice, since the twins moved into beds we end up with so many nighttime visitors they might as well be in our bedroom permanently!

I know a woman who (back in 1950s Europe, mind) slept in her mother's bed until she got married and moved into her husband's bed! They told the story at her funeral, so I think if she hadn't already been dead she would have wanted to be after revealing that one.
I think she wins hands down!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:25 am
bigsis144 wrote:
I slept in my parents’ bed until I was 8 😄
They had three twin beds smooshed together, and 4 kids + my parents co-sleeping.

My mother is a total hippie, and it was *glorious* as a kid to sleep in a happy puppy pile of sisters.
m
Makes me feel better about still having two in my bed. We have two full size beds pushed together and it’s so nice! I’m glad you have fond memories!!

pause

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:43 am
18 months
Earliest was 14 months.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 12:05 pm
So my baby is 15 months and still wakes up crying in the middle of the night, we rock her pat her and in the morning she'll take a bottle and go back to sleep.
I'm due after sukkos so I want to move her out but I'm scared she'll wake up the other kids if she's in their room. My others were way older when they moved out. Any tips?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 1:28 pm
Probably around 20 months officially, but my daughter who turns 3 next week is more often in my room than not...

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 1:38 pm
My daughter was 3.5 and she stayed in my room bc we had no place to put her. We already had 3 in one room, 4 in the other. B”H we were able to move at that point bc I don’t know what we would have done otherwise.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 1:58 pm
Kicked my 5 year old out this year. She’s still in my room every night at some point. My 2 year old still sleeps with us.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 12:46 am
so those with older babies/toddlers and uh... 5 year olds?! ---- how do you do what er…. married people do?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 12:58 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I have a 4 year old in my room. I dont want her sharing with the almost 2 year old and have them wake each other up all night or early morning

My four year old is with me too, even though she has her own bed. She was in her own room for a while, but then this past winter she had the flu really bad and she wanted to be with me, and then she was sick for the next 3 months (not with the flu the whole time) and I haven’t been able to get her out since. She won’t go to sleep in her own bed, and she wakes up when I try to transfer her. I can’t consistently walk her back to her bed when she wakes up, cuz sometimes I won’t even realize she walked to my bed u til the morning, and I can’t lock the door cuz my husband doesn’t usually come up before 2:00....so she’s in my bed. I’m ok with it....most of the time.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 12:59 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
so those with older babies/toddlers and uh... 5 year olds?! ---- how do you do what er…. married people do?

Go to another room, or figure out how to put her to sleep in another room or move her.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 4:36 am
TwinsMommy wrote:

Do it when they're sleeping.

Regardless you can't do it when they're awake, even if they sleep in their own rooms. (I never had a 5yo in my room, though.)

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 9:17 pm
I can't imagine trying to be silent enough that the child doesn't wake up and then if s/he does, seeing something before we see they're up. I TOTALLY get a baby of 6 months who can't yet talk or understand what she's seeing--- but older babies and toddlers--- I just cannot imagine. And besides marital relations----- private conversations as well--- when my kids were five had they been sleeping in my room I wouldn't have put it past them to lie there with their eyes closed listening to what we were whispering.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics