Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Car seat for twins
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:23 am
I am BH pregnant with twins.. looking for car seat recommendations from other twin moms! Before I found out it was going to be twins I was definitely going to be getting the doona! Now that there are 2, not so sure that’s a good idea (but maybe it is?!). I did use a snap and go thing for previous kids, but hated the push of it, getting up and down a curb is awful so I wont consider that again..
anyone out there who can give me advice?!
Thanks!!

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:31 am
I’d get twin snap and go.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:33 am
My twins weren't my first babies so I just got second hand a second car seat, second crib, etc and have a twin pram from my first two kids who were very close in age. 99% of things I wouldn't get especially for twins since they're usually gimmicks and not really helpful.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:37 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
My twins weren't my first babies so I just got second hand a second car seat, second crib, etc and have a twin pram from my first two kids who were very close in age. 99% of things I wouldn't get especially for twins since they're usually gimmicks and not really helpful.

I don’t have any babies, all my baby stuff was long given away, so I need to get things new...

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:47 am
I know ppl who got 2 doonas. No personal experience with twins but if you get the donkey then 2 maxi cosis click in nicely with the adapter.

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:47 am
What about the Uppa baby Vista with the Mesa car seats? You can get the adapter for the 2nd car seat. It wheels amazing!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:14 am
stillnewlywed wrote:
What about the Uppa baby Vista with the Mesa car seats? You can get the adapter for the 2nd car seat. It wheels amazing!

I would have loved the UPPA baby too, but looking at pictures, when you’re using the bassinets, it looks so awkward cuz you can’t access the lower bassinet. Has anyone here actually used the UPPA baby with twins? Would love to hear how it was for you..

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would have loved the UPPA baby too, but looking at pictures, when you’re using the bassinets, it looks so awkward cuz you can’t access the lower bassinet. Has anyone here actually used the UPPA baby with twins? Would love to hear how it was for you..

I did/do. I mostly use it with the two mesas, for Dr appts, etc it is super easy, better than side by side because it actually fits into Dr office. It all depends on what you are using it for. Problem with vista Is the weight limits on seats differ. It's not sooo easy to push with two. I'm looking into getting a side by side for like, walks around neighborhood and keeping vista for car trips. I like vista as single better but it has been well loved.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:53 am
please don't get 2 doonas
I just saw someone pushing two tied together with a string. she was NOT managing and ended up taking them apart and having DH push one. and I can't imagine its safe..

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 12:21 pm
Twin snap and go.
Or double stroller that can fit a car seat inside the stroller seat.
Doona is a bad car seat/stroller altogether, so bh you dodged that bullet.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 4:26 pm
Vista or any tandem stroller is not the best for twins. If you want your stroller to be compatible with your car seats you should first find a stroller you want and then find car seats/ adapters for that stroller.

I wouldn’t recommend maxi cosi car seats and a donkey just to solve your car seat problems. The donkey is a beast. It’s a phenomenal stroller but only get it if you want it as a stroller. Especially if you are in and out of the car a lot.

Look into the Nuna Pipa and Cleck Ling infant seats. They are great seats.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:28 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Vista or any tandem stroller is not the best for twins. If you want your stroller to be compatible with your car seats you should first find a stroller you want and then find car seats/ adapters for that stroller.

I wouldn’t recommend maxi cosi car seats and a donkey just to solve your car seat problems. The donkey is a beast. It’s a phenomenal stroller but only get it if you want it as a stroller. Especially if you are in and out of the car a lot.

Look into the Nuna Pipa and Cleck Ling infant seats. They are great seats.

I would probably do a donkey or Valco duo for the carriage and a vista for the car seats (vistas are widely available second hand in good condition)

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:38 pm
I have the valco duo that fits two car seats in with adaptors (rear facing). Love it. You the kids in the car seats (just take the car seat out of the car and put it into the adaptor on the stroller) when they’re young and then just straight into the stroller when they’re bigger.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:10 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I have the valco duo that fits two car seats in with adaptors (rear facing). Love it. You the kids in the car seats (just take the car seat out of the car and put it into the adaptor on the stroller) when they’re young and then just straight into the stroller when they’re bigger.

Thank you! How hard is it to fold the Valco and does it take up a lot of room in the trunk?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:12 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I would probably do a donkey or Valco duo for the carriage and a vista for the car seats (vistas are widely available second hand in good condition)

Do you happen to know what it’s like to open and close the double vista and how much room it takes up in the trunk?

Thank you to everyone who responded. Really helpful to have different options to look into! It’s so tough not being able to discuss this IRL with anyone!

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:13 pm
Your best bet for travel is a double snap n go. It folds small and it's good to have in the house as well.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:14 pm
I have the twin snap n go for the car and a donkey for home/walks. The twin snap n go is not great but it’s the cheapest and easiest for in and out of the car and not taking up tons of space in the trunk. Between twins being hard and covid, I don’t find that I’m taking them out much anyway in the car (mostly just neighborhood walks) so the snap n go is really good enough for the little bit (dr appts mostly).
For the car seats themselves, find the most light weight that you can - I’m often having to carry both seats at a time so weight really makes a difference.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:31 pm
Double snap n go was a lifesaver!!! I got the Chico Keyfit 30 and a generic snap n go stroller base. I would have preferred the Chico specific version because then it clicks in for a more secure fit, but I couldn't justify the price. In 2017 when I bought the Chico carseats they were top rated, but I mainly got them because I had 3-across carseats in a sedan and they needed to fit. Bshaa tova! So exciting!

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:33 pm
Also, OP, you don't need to use the snap n go all the time. I only used mine around the neighborhood when the babies were very little (not ready for regular stroller yet), and the rest of the time I kept it in the car and just used it when I was out driving places. I loved the double city mini for walking around the neighborhood.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:41 pm
My SIL had two doonas and was very happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more