Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Transfering Seminary credits to Touro vs other

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 9:26 pm
Wondering if anyone has advice regarding transfering Seminary credits without losing any in the process . Transfering to Touro seems to mean many credits are lost .Is there a way to avoid this ?
Thanks!

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 9:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wondering if anyone has advice regarding transfering Seminary credits without losing any in the process . Transfering to Touro seems to mean many credits are lost .Is there a way to avoid this ?
Thanks!

Following. I am looking to do the same

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:22 am
I have looked into transferring seminary credits to non Jewish schools in nyc area and they didn’t even accept anything from seminary. Your best bet would be touro or any of the Jewish college programs like tti, Sarah schneir etc

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:38 am
Thanks for your reply .
I am actually looking into those options , but it seems to be that you lose many seminary credits when transfering .I would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to avoid losing credits in the process,or if there is any college that you don't lose that many.

Batsheva1

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:43 am
I thought Touro gives a full year of credit

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 12:01 pm
Batsheva1 wrote:
I thought Touro gives a full year of credit

I thought the same...
What college are you thinking of getting your BA from. I was just googling online colleges- found Franklin University transfers up to 94 credits- not sure what that means- but that is what their ad says.

paperflowers

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 12:23 pm
I think Queens College (and Brooklyn?) accept 18 credits from seminary and 36 from Michlala.

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 4:19 pm
Secular colleges (and Touro I thought) realized that it is unrealistic that a freshman in college would be taking more than 36 credits a year. A standard liberal arts degree is usually based on 30 credits a year.

Seminaries which claim to have their students earn 60 credits a year because the students sit in the classroom for 30 hours a week for two semesters show that they really do not understand the amount of work that each college credit is supposed to represent in a secular college.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 4:41 pm
You can go to TTi or Sara Scheirer for a bachelor's. They accepted all my dds Hs and seminary credits. Make sure that the Master program you want to apply to will accept the degree.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries