Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Starter support: Messy hoarder - my AREA 51
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Jul 25 2020, 10:52 pm
I would suggest you continue first with easy wins. do a quick look through and throw out garbage then move on to the next "layer" it will give you more momentum and you'll see a difference faster.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 12:02 am
Thanks for all the help here. Im went further to the right - it's not a just garbage area anymore. It's another side of my room. Im doing now only 4 categories or I will do too slow: hangers towels cleaning rags and garbage. The rest is staying there for now.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 12:07 am
Because my left is finally empty Im having guts to add 2 things. Reading material to the left and laundry in the middle. Reading material is huge "taboo". It's gonna hurt to throw

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 12:11 am
Guess what I found burried behind my bed in the mess? What I really should have been reading: the procrastinators guide to success. (Komi-tragish in yddish)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 1:12 am
It was fun. Please try to do it as well. It was great doing it without anyone around. This is what works for me. It's clothing that fell there, pads (only new ones of course, but they will go to garbage) tissues, toothpicks, manicure cheap tools, phone chargers, half of them, one phone charger is for a device I dont have anymore, a 20 inch area had very tiny droppings. Well now I can see if I get droppings easily and call the mouse proof guy to find the hole. With cluter he probably would not even been able to work. One pile I made for clothing, not tackling now (Mrs complacent) and reading pile is there but at least all in one pile(3/4 of reading or even more
MUST go garbage, otherwise Im not getting rid of much, just changing location and thats cheating)and misceAneous tiny pile (BH tiny) is also left for tomorrow. I found out I have BH beautifull towels great extra hangers one extra clean rag. Took out dust and broken hangers. Another gain is I will sleep better tonight after using energy.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 1:25 am
I did NOT do area #2 which is a painfull old mostly garbage area. I GOTTA START IT TOMORROW! Nobody did kitchen cleaning instead of me. That's OK. My priority is now 2-5 -10 years old clutter. I put away candlesticks and fed everyone tho.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:48 am
did you ask anyone to do the kitchen. It sounds like you really don't want your husband's help decluttering but if he's agreeable maybe he or one of your children who really want the house to look better can help with things like cleaning up from shabbos so that you can focus on the decluttering? You have to ask , many people will only help if you ask them straight out.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:24 am
Go OP!!!!! Your perseverance is impressive! You are not a chazir, you are a wonderful bas Melech! Nobody’s perfect, we all have things we have to work on. Having trouble with clutter is a way better nisayon than a lot of other nisyonos lo aleinu. At least that’s what I keep telling myself. You’re a growing human being who’s actively working on something that’s really hard. Pat yourself on the back!

chananecha

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 10:28 am
One thing I read in Marie Kondo book that resonated with me, was to have a designated spot for each person's things in the house.
Bh with many ppl in one space this makes sense to me

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 11:14 am
Thanks all for speaking kind to me. No I did not ask others to clean kitchen and DR last night while I decltutered ny bedroom. Mistake.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:38 am
Nothing done past few days. Working 1.5 jobs outside. When one child comes from camp for a day, the dry laundry pile goes to the other child's room. When the other child came, I put back in the first room. I did not declutter my problem room even a bit yet! Working outside a lot and when home not inspired. Lots of outside phone calls and errands. We just said Hashiveinu Hashem. I dont know how this will happen.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 4:37 pm
Today I gave another small step. I almost had ready excuses. But BH in the end I did it. I feel so liberated!!! And a little more strong too.
I called my cleaning helper and 1st gave her house work and in my mind had an excuse why not to start with her my let's call it "area 51". BH I got the strenght. I told her to clean the first half floor of area 51. It has just dirt. Nothing to sort. I knew all over there was pure garbage. (On the table is where the cluter is in boxes). Then when the half was pure clean fresh I had the guts to start 1 box! I scattered the stuff. Made about 8 piles- categories. Im still in the same box but I will finish today. If I do a box a day, I can be done in 10. I think I need to do 2-3 on a sunday, not pretend that I will do on weekdays one a day. Bye. Let me do while Im hot for it. Please drag and force yourself to do something. You will thank yourself

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:08 pm
Clothing with mold, many outdated. I kept and kept hoping to donate or sell used. I wish I had done it every 6 months properly quickly! Now 2 nice beautifull things I will wash and if the smell goes away I dump very fast in the first heimish donation place. My luck I got to "area 51" before my kids need to empty out when Im old. And Im happy I did not let my DH touch. BUSHA'S!
But it's a race I need to finish this room in max 10 days or he will do it. And listen, he suffered years! And now was nice for giving me another chance.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:17 pm
Selling used is anyway a myth. You can sell a brand name for 10 dollars. And a non brand name will never sell or will sell after a long time for 2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:34 pm
No droppings in Area 51. BH! That would have made it harder

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:04 pm
Pumpkin and Blue, it's bag # 4 to the garbage. Im marking on a paper (and maybe I will hoard it -sigh) Every bag out is a step away from feeling hurt when others try to clean for me. I must do it all and fast!
Elisheva will be at a later time. I had a 3000 + unexpected expense we both agreed was before.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:36 pm
You are one strong woman!!!!! Keep going, keep climing the mountain. Every step is a victory. You are an incredible human being and you WILL get to where you want to be. You have the will and the drive so keep posting your successes. Also, hoarding can be helped by doing some inner emotional work as well with a therapist.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics