Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Things to do near Lakewood while SDing

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:34 pm
Looking for things to do with my kids near Lakewood while SDing. A park that is fun (I have both big and small kids), but will be lightly populated-- impossible, right?

Or maybe a county park with a stroller accessible hike? A walk way around a lake?

Pls send specific names and locations. I'm not from there. Can drive up to 45 min. Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 10:08 pm
Bump

SuperWify

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 10:11 pm
No one in Lakewood is SD... you need to find a really quiet park out of Lakewood....

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 10:16 pm
No sd’ing here...
Come join the fun 😊!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:25 pm
So sue me if I want to SD.

A park outside Lakewood is what I'm looking for. Suggestions? Something with nature but also stroller accessible.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:28 am
Bump, does anyone have a suggestion of a park/trial/relaxing thing to do within 40 min of Lakewood?

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:54 am
You can walk around the lake in Spring Lake or Lake Como. It’s gorgeous.

sky

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:49 am
Hiking
Allaire - there are parks that can take bikes/ strollers and those without. We go all the time and love it and enjoy finding new hikes.
Red trail - need to carry carriage small portion.
Green trail - over grown at some points but flat. We took stroller
There is a fully paved circle also.
Outside the park are some other paths. We recently did the blue path out of the park with a good stroller it was hard but really enjoyable.

Cattus Island - main path take stroller down to water

Silver stream trail in Jackson - small part have to carry stroller. Can get muddy so wear good shoes. Very few ppl.

Grist mill park in Monmouth county - the grist mill is open for free tours today. When we go there there are barely any ppl there.

Basto village in the pine barrens.

Duke gardens

There are so many parks with hiking with in 40 min of Lakewood. It’s such a gorgeous area with so many choices. Look up Monmouth or ocean park directory. (Hartshore park, Homdel Park). If you avoid playground and picnic areas and for sure weekdays you won’t see many ppl. You can carry masks in case you do.

Just wear tic spray. We often come home with tics and once came home infested.

sky

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:42 pm
Freneau Woods Park - trail was doable with good stroller. Nothing exciting. But we didn’t see a single person the entire loop.

What about canoeing? Princeton canoeing you wear a mask in and out of canoe and in the canoe away from others.

keym

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:00 pm
We went boating on Lake Carasaljo. It was a bit crowded on the dock- you can wear masks. But once out on the water, plenty of space.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:00 pm
SuperWify wrote:
No one in Lakewood is SD... you need to find a really quiet park out of Lakewood....

Reading comprehension skills help
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries