Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Discussion on the Daf - Shabbat
  Previous  1  2  3  12  13  14

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:26 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Ok... I keep pushing this off, because I had dreams , aspirations of picking up where I left off and writing some of my husbands scholarly notes on each daf, that I never get too..

But this time I had to jump in where the daf is holding now, Shabbos 152..

Malki, is that the most misogynistic Gam you ever saw..

Women are just sacks of blood, and men still chasecafter them...
I know there is a deeper meaning, but still ... Huh... Surprised

On the surface, people have said this many, many times. What we desire - the parts, if you will - are objectively not attractive. We try to make them look as nice as possible, obviously, but still, there are crude phrases that describe these parts and they're not complimentary.

I think Rabbis are waxing philosophically. Women outside their wives are forbidden to them, and yet they can't help themselves to crave them constantly. And they realize that what they crave isn't necessarily beautiful, they just want it anyway.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:27 am
But I really came on here to say WHEN WAS I BORN I NEED TO KNOW WHAT PLANET WAS IN ASTROGRADE or whatever they're talking about!

It seems so weird that our neshamos aren't creating our personality, but the hour that we were born. Or the day. And our days don't match my or my husband's personality.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:46 am
imorethanamother wrote:
But I really came on here to say WHEN WAS I BORN I NEED TO KNOW WHAT PLANET WAS IN ASTROGRADE or whatever they're talking about!

It seems so weird that our neshamos aren't creating our personality, but the hour that we were born. Or the day. And our days don't match my or my husband's personality.

FWIW - Both DH and DD were born on Monday - and they are both extremely cheerful, easygoing, relaxed, etc. Neither has any kind of anger management issue . . . It looks like the days of the week idea was rejected in favor of the mazel of the hour, but even that is not so important. We are all born with various personality traits, but we have a lot of latitude in how we utilize them - and that is what matters the most. I think what we are supposed to take away from this is “Yisrael lemaalah min hamazel,” so at the end of the day - it’s all up to us.

Aylat

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:08 am
Sorry not been posting here for quite a while. Just wanted to share: I went to the kotel last night to mark finishing the masechta and in the Amida in על הצדיקים I had כוונה for you ladies on this journey in Torah with me, and of course for the Rabbanim whose shiurim enable me to learn.

Aylat

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 1:17 pm
הדרן עלך מסכת שבת והדרך עלן

The new thread for עירובין.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....18475
Page 14 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  12  13  14 Recent Topics