Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Entrance Hall Floor Tiles: Granite or Porcelain? Pros/cons?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:37 am
I always thought granite tiles are way stronger than porcelain tiles and ideal for entrance halls.

Im hearing some people say that Porcelain Tiles are stronger. I thought nothing is stronger than Granite Tiles.

Which tiles are most people putting in their entrance halls?

I wouldnt do marble because thats hard to maintain.

Im looking for an elegant look and dont want to have to change it any time soon or having to maintain it other than cleaning it.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:47 am
I have porcelain that looks like marble. You mop it. There is no other maintanace and it looks great.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:49 am
I have porcelain tiles in my foyer (but I didn't choose them - they were there with the house.)

They seem to be pretty strong, and are easy to maintain - just mopping here and there (wish everyone would wipe their feet on that rug!)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:35 am
edit

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 12:30 pm
I thought granite tiles are so strong, theyre almost indestructible (think monuments?), and thats why people used it for flooring (tiles) for many years.

Whats similarly strong, and has an elegant look for an entrance hall?

Or where can I get granite tiles?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 1:36 pm
You can't find granite

Porcelain is what people are doing nowadays - it is considered indestructible although I have seen both granite and porcelain chip.
I don't think ceramic tile,slate, limestone,marble,hardwood, or laminate (the other flooring options I am aware of) are stringer then porcelain. If you like a very modern look people do polished concrete for flooring but I think porcelain wood hold up better
These are examples of polished concrete

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 2:00 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
You can't find granite

Porcelain is what people are doing nowadays - it is considered indestructible although I have seen both granite and porcelain chip.
I don't think ceramic tile,slate, limestone,marble,hardwood, or laminate (the other flooring options I am aware of) are stringer then porcelain. If you like a very modern look people do polished concrete for flooring but I think porcelain wood hold up better
These are examples of polished concrete

Thanks but my taste is in between traditional and transitional (my dream look is a small version of a mansion entrance). Not modern at all. I cant see the pics but if its a modern look, its not my taste anyhow. Thanks again.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 3:39 pm
these are picture of that style with porcelain tile

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:54 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
these are picture of that style with porcelain tile

Thanks for posting pics. You sure got "elegant" right! Although I think I lean more to the traditional side of transitional.

The white floor tiles are way too light. Id need full time help. The black tiles are way too dark and will make the small area I have smaller.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 4:01 am
These would be very traditional - I personally think it's a bit dated, but my tastes are a lot more contemporary

I like things more like this

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics