Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I will no longer tip the grocery driver
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 5:54 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
They're risking their health just as well by walking on the street and going to work. Putting the boxes right inside the door is less of a risk than being on the street or at work. The pandemic is not an excuse to leave groceries outside or downstairs.

So it's not enough for you that essential workers are risking their health and lives by going to work so people like you can stay comfortably home and not have to risk YOUR well-being by going out to shop, but you want them to compound their risk --and everyone else's--by going into people's houses?

Niiiiiice.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 5:57 pm
number wrote:
If there are no steps involved then my kids push it for ne.

The light boxes are easy, but the ones that are full of milk and drinks (up to 8 bottles of drinks can be in one box) can sometimes scratch the floor, so I’d rather not push them. We have learned to adapt. We (gasp) take the drinks out of the box and walk them to the fridge, and even make a few trips if we need to.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 5:59 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
The light boxes are easy, but the ones that are full of milk and drinks (up to 8 bottles of drinks can be in one box) can sometimes scratch the floor, so I’d rather not push them. We have learned to adapt. We (gasp) take the drinks out of the box and walk them to the fridge, and even make a few trips if we need to.

I think we all adapt. I also make trips carrying a few items versus before when they left stuff on the kitchen counter.

One could also put items in a stroller or wagon or cart if that made more sense.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 6:02 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I think we all adapt. I also make trips carrying a few items versus before when they left stuff on the kitchen counter.

One could also put items in a stroller or wagon or cart if that made more sense.

Yup....

silverlining3

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 6:04 pm
I was wondering why my grocery orders are always like 6 lightweight-ish boxes... Just in case they decide to leave it outside and I need to schlep it in 😜

Sorry, no offense to anyone. Simply couldn't resist!

Yes it is frustrating when they leave it outside, I've had it before pandemic too. Bh not often.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 6:12 pm
My water delivery company which delivers to me many 5-gallon bottles at a time has even stopped bringing those heavy bottles in. The world has changed. You have to deal with it.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 6:15 pm
And plz, those who say pandemic, it's been going on since March. I believe if it were the case and they don't bring it in since then, op wouldn't complain. So no, it's not a valid excuse now.

But then op, if it happened now once, I wouldn't get worked up, maybe something went on or what. If it's continuous, I'd let know the manager or whoever. If your not capable of schlepping it up, bringing it in, hugs to you.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:00 pm
zaq wrote:
So it's not enough for you that essential workers are risking their health and lives by going to work so people like you can stay comfortably home and not have to risk YOUR well-being by going out to shop, but you want them to compound their risk --and everyone else's--by going into people's houses?

Niiiiiice.

I go out to shop and pay to have my boxes delivered.
They don't need to come into the house. They just shouldn't be leaving groceries outside or downstairs. They can knock and put it right by the door without coming inside. This is laziness and nothing to do with the pandemic. The pandemic is going on since March. Everything can be done in a safe way.
If OP is complaining about it now, it means that it's not pandemic related.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:06 pm
They don't need to come into the house. They just shouldn't be leaving groceries outside or downstairs. They can knock and put it right by the door without coming inside. This is laziness and nothing to do with the pandemic. The pandemic is going on since March. Everything can be done in a safe way.

It’s not laziness if they are not allowed to enter the house. What do they do when you aren’t home? They leave it. What do they do when you can’t answer the door? They leave it. Yes it’s hard and frustrating, but they are told they can’t go into the house. Rather than being upset at the delivery people, why not call the store and find out what the policy is.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:18 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
It’s not laziness if they are not allowed to enter the house. What do they do when you aren’t home? They leave it. What do they do when you can’t answer the door? They leave it. Yes it’s hard and frustrating, but they are told they can’t go into the house. Rather than being upset at the delivery people, why not call the store and find out what the policy is.

They were not told that they can't go into houses. They've been coming into houses since March. Not all guys are even wearing a mask.
They don't even need to come into houses. They can put it inside the door when the door is opened. The pandemic is no excuse for leaving boxes downstairs or outside.
I'm not that upset, I'm just commiserating with OP that she's rightful to be annoyed.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:28 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
Due to Covid-19, most grocery stores are not allowing their drivers to enter people's homes, for everyone's safety.

This!

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:34 pm

The pandemic is still ongoing....and leaving the boxes outside is the safe way.

imasinger

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:37 pm
1. If you're saying "no longer" about tipping, does that mean that you've ordered from that store before and the delivery guy brought groceries in, but not this time?

2. How do you know what they'll do next time?

3. I feel for you. If it was hot and your groceries sat outside in the sun without you knowing they were out there, because you thought they'd be brought in, you risk stuff spoiling. That would make me mad if it happened to me.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:45 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
The pandemic is still ongoing....and leaving the boxes outside is the safe way.

The pandemic is going on for 5 months already, if it would be pandemic related, they would've left the boxes outside since March.
And if it's because of the pandemic, they can put it inside the door without coming into the house.

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:55 pm
The pandemic is going on for 5 months already, if it would be pandemic related, they would've left the boxes outside since March.
And if it's because of the pandemic, they can put it inside the door without coming into the house.

My supermarket has been leaving boxes outside my door since March. They ring the bell to alert me and then leave.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:59 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
My supermarket has been leaving boxes outside my door since March. They ring the bell to alert me and then leave.

Yup, same here

silverlining3

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:05 pm
To the above 2 posters, I Might be wrong, but I strongly feel thats not the case for op.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:07 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:

The supermarkets in my community never stopped bringing in to houses and I believe same is the case with OP.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette