Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Gluten Free in Israel

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:04 pm
Please tell me all resources for gluten free food
Brown Rice Pasta? Hamotzi oat challah? Cookies? Cakes ? Flours? Any other tips and info appreciated!

simcha2

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:21 pm
Are you on facebook? There's an active gf in israel group.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 1:05 am
Osher Od has plenty great gluten free options check out their freezer. They also have a designated section for gluten free. Upstairs in the mall there’s a health store has some gluten free too

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 2:02 am
Lots of gf foods in both regular supermarkets and health food stores.

Many restaurants designate gf options on their menus. Lots of pizza shops serve gf pizza, etc.

essie14

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 2:18 am
Rami Levi and shufersal have designated GF sections of the stores and on their websites.
There are also many chains of health food stores all over the country that sell the GF flours, brown rice pasta, etc.
Nitzat haduvdevan
Anise

Your city will probably have local health food stores as well. GF is not difficult to come by here.

IHerb also ships to Israel and I'm sure they have GF products.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 2:31 am
I'm not home now, so can't post a phone number
Someone in Har Nof sells delicious homemade gf stuff, hamotzi rolls, cakes, cookies... she even made fresh donuts for Chanukah!
I recently found gf wheat flour in the health food store in Shefa mall, really good!

Iymnok

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 3:37 am
DD was recently diagnosed with celiac. All the grocery stores have some GF products. OsherAd has decent breads and corn schnitzel . Shaarei Revacha has flours, cookies, brown rice pasta and other dry goods. Their freezer section is okay, not impressive.
There is a health food store on Aggripas that has much better pasta, it has corn flour and a mixture of other stuff that it cooks like regular pasta and has the right texture.
GF pretzels are available everywhere.
There is a damaged goods store on Strauss just up from Yaffo, behind the bus stop. They have a bunch of random GF products, many leftover from Pesach.

Check the hechsheirim carefully! Many are imported or have a less stringent hasgacha than we normally use.

A friend told me that buckwheat flour tastes better than any of the mixes. She doesn’t like rice flour.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 6:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please tell me all resources for gluten free food
Brown Rice Pasta? Hamotzi oat challah? Cookies? Cakes ? Flours? Any other tips and info appreciated!

Where in Israel? You probably have a health food store locally besides everything you can find at Rami Levi or Osher Ad.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 6:24 am
Many neighborhoods have someone who bakes homemade GF breads, cakes and cookies.

Petition your local supermarket to carry more GF products.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:11 am
specifically in or near ramat beit shemesh would love to know what is available, best places to go.
Or places/people that deliver.

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
specifically in or near ramat beit shemesh would love to know what is available, best places to go.

Best market
Rami levi
Shufersal
These are all brick and mortar stores that also have online ordering / delivery.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 1:50 pm
Any Health Food Store that speaks English and is helpful, and can order things if they don't have them in stock, and that also delivers.

Zeleze

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:41 am
All major supermarkets have many many products Gleuten Free

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:50 am
There's a new flour called molino flour where they have extracted the gluten from regular flour. It's 51% reg flour so you can say hamotzi and bentch. Machziki hadas hechsure. They sell it in yesh where I live. I'm celiac and haven't had a problem with it. So much better than oat challah

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:04 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
There's a new flour called molino flour where they have extracted the gluten from regular flour. It's 51% reg flour so you can say hamotzi and bentch. Machziki hadas hechsure. They sell it in yesh where I live. I'm celiac and haven't had a problem with it. So much better than oat challah

Yes, really good flour
I buy it in the health food store in Shefa, 27 shekel a bag, any idea how much it is in yesh?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:00 am
Yesh are having a sale on it. If you spend 100 shekel in the store you can get it for 14 shek a bag. Limited to two bags per shop. Don't know if it's every yesh. I live outside Jerusalem

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:46 am
There is a lot, things have tremendously changed. The price, tho...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 12:32 pm
Are there any restuarants that are serious about being careful?
I heard there is a gluten free falafel stand somewhere?
Chareidi (American Yeshivash equivalent) hashgaka?
Also are there any places that only deal with gluten free foods that deliver to all communities?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 12:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Nechama bakery in the merkaz. You may have to call ahead to see if they will have GF challah for Shabbos. It sells out really fast, and I don't know if they make it every week.

Most people I know make a big order, and keep the rolls in the freezer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 4:08 pm
Is there any place that is dedicated to gluten free groceries (ie. baked goods, breads, crackers) that delivers?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating