Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Will corona anxiety ever go away?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

southernbubby

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 12:45 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Lo aleinu v'lo aleichem, march and april were so terrifying, I never ever want to go through anything like that again. 1% is way more than enough!!!

but I was being hyperbolic. Of course I didnt think half the attendees died. I was speaking broadly.

A Chassidishe guy who lives near my son's colony said that he performed approximately 200 taharahs on Corona victims in Boro Park during that time.

Moonlight

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 10:28 pm
southernbubby wrote:
A Chassidishe guy who lives near my son's colony said that he performed approximately 200 taharahs on Corona victims in Boro Park during that time.

Nebach!

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 10:32 pm
Yes

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 12:52 am
southernbubby wrote:

Noone I know died as a result from contact with children..They manipulated us with anxiety to keep the kids home, when really there was no way to prevent the virus.

And my brother does taharah, and he told me he had approx the same numbers on an average day...ppl die nebach from cancer, strokes, etc.. But here every death toppled our anxiety.

It really wasnt in our control, as much as we think wearing a mask is "preventing" the spread.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:24 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Noone I know died as a result from contact with children..They manipulated us with anxiety to keep the kids home, when really there was no way to prevent the virus.

And my brother does taharah, and he told me he had approx the same numbers on an average day...ppl die nebach from cancer, strokes, etc.. But here every death toppled our anxiety.

It really wasnt in our control, as much as we think wearing a mask is "preventing" the spread.

We see that our community lost a lot of people from the virus. Jews invented quarantine and the Gemorrah mentioned it. We are not supposed to sit back and watch it happen. When our community was experiencing it, the Hatzolah and Chaverim sent vehicles with loudspeakers in Yiddish and English through the streets to remind us to stay home and wash our hands frequently. There were definitely more deaths and taharahs than before or since.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:27 am
southernbubby wrote:
We see that our community lost a lot of people from the virus. Jews invented quarantine and the Gemorrah mentioned it. We are not supposed to sit back and watch it happen. When our community was experiencing it, the Hatzolah and Chaverim sent vehicles with loudspeakers in Yiddish and English through the streets to remind us to stay home and wash our hands frequently. There were definitely more deaths and taharahs than before or since.

I dont disagree with washing hands, being careful, and davening.
I do know a lot of our people died because they were hospitalized, and from other causes as well.
There was also the horrible car accident in New Square, that had nothing with the virus.

I object to locking up our kids, and walking around with masks. None of these help prevent the virus.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 12:51 pm
https://www.ou.org/resilience/

Dr.Rosmarin is speaking about anxiety.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:10 pm
I dont disagree with washing hands, being careful, and davening.
I do know a lot of our people died because they were hospitalized, and from other causes as well.
There was also the horrible car accident in New Square, that had nothing with the virus.

I object to locking up our kids, and walking around with masks. None of these help prevent the virus.

The rabbi who ran Project Renewal apparently caught it and passed away after holding a grandchild who was infected. Apparently over 700,000 deaths worldwide are attributed to the virus so are you saying that there isn't a decent hospital anywhere on earth?
I currently don't see any children here who are locked up and most frum stores don't force people to wear masks.
Of course, people still die of all sorts of things, especially if they put off getting medical care for other conditions because of the virus.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:29 pm

The people who died in corona in march and april were infected on Purim.
I dont know who your brother is, but the death toll in our communities in brooklyn in the month of Nissan were waaaaay higher than normal.
I don't know why you're in denial.

Things are bh calmer now. But they were terrifying and horrifying in April, I dont know how anyone can deny that.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics