Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Texas still in lock down

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:41 pm
The governor of Texas says virus cases are still too numerous to warrant reopening.

Gov. Greg Abbott, meeting with leaders in Texas’s sprawling Gulf Coast region to discuss his Covid-19 strategy, strongly suggested Tuesday that hospitalizations and cases from the virus remained far too high to allow a swift relaxation of business closures and other restrictions.

The Republican governor, who traveled to Beaumont and Victoria, cited signs of progress but indicated Texas still had a long way to go in overcoming a relentless surge that made it one of the nation’s leading hot spots in the pandemic. For the past week, Texas added an average of about 7,560 cases per day

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0.....68849

So what, you say? There are not very many large Jewish communities in Texas, but there are Jews there. My daughter also lives there now.

I really wish people would stop saying that Corona is over. Sad

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:43 pm
And I know many non Jews who live in Texas and they said it’s not true the media is making it worse than what it is. And it’s not so bad in Texas.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:46 pm
All of the major cities in Texas have Jewish communities. It's very scary what's going on there.

amother
White

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:52 pm
How many of the cases are serious?
How many people are they testing daily?
Are they testing asymptomatic people?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 9:10 pm
Some schools in Texas are open. Beaches and dine in resteraunts in Texas are also open.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics