Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me understand jiminy peak...
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:35 pm
Im going with my kids (no babies). From what I understand, there’s a big park with mountain rides like slides, chair lifts... My kids are very excited about that. Is that the main attraction?
So if I arrive on Monday afternoon I guess we will go to the park on Tuesday. My question is- what else is there for kids to do? Anything the evening we arrive or in the morning before we leave or is this really a one day trip?

wwmom

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:39 pm
We Went there on a Sunday and arrived in mid afternoon and did the park - which is an awesome full days worth on Monday. Sunday afternoon/evening we went swimming. They have a few large pools. Also behind each house is lots of grass that you could play ball etc. I think they have some courts around the property. there may also have been a playground area but I don’t remember exactly because it was a few years ago. My kids definitely weren’t bored.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:37 am
wwmom wrote:
We Went there on a Sunday and arrived in mid afternoon and did the park - which is an awesome full days worth on Monday. Sunday afternoon/evening we went swimming. They have a few large pools. Also behind each house is lots of grass that you could play ball etc. I think they have some courts around the property. there may also have been a playground area but I don’t remember exactly because it was a few years ago. My kids definitely weren’t bored.

Thank you!
We actually aren’t staying on the grounds because they are fully booked. We will be staying in a nearby hotel. Maybe swimming in the pool can work out if it’s empty. Do you think we can check out the grounds and use the playground if we’re not staying there?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im going with my kids (no babies). From what I understand, there’s a big park with mountain rides like slides, chair lifts... My kids are very excited about that. Is that the main attraction?
So if I arrive on Monday afternoon I guess we will go to the park on Tuesday. My question is- what else is there for kids to do? Anything the evening we arrive or in the morning before we leave or is this really a one day trip?

Jiminy Peak is the main attraction, but there is also other activities around the area. We did tubing in a nearby lake, pick blueberries in a nearby farm, and went on a hike.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:55 am
Is there one park or two in jiminy peak?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!
We actually aren’t staying on the grounds because they are fully booked. We will be staying in a nearby hotel. Maybe swimming in the pool can work out if it’s empty. Do you think we can check out the grounds and use the playground if we’re not staying there?

Do you know if a hotel that has 2/3 bedroom suites or cabins in the area?

asmileaday

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there one park or two in jiminy peak?

There's 2 but it's like one big place. You can either buy tickets for 1 or tickets for both.
One is a rope course with ziplines. Lots of fun and thrilling for older kids (it was thrilling for me as an adult! I was so sore afterwards.)
The other is different kind of rides.
Check out their website it'll give you a list of everything that's there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:06 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Do you know if a hotel that has 2/3 bedroom suites or cabins in the area?

Not for next week.
We are staying in a hotel with adjoining rooms instead (yes, boys and girls are sleeping together in the same room..)

asmileaday

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:08 am
Mountain Adventure Park
https://www.jiminypeak.com/Sum.....-Park

Aerial Adventure Park

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:48 am
We went a few years ago. My big kids loved it!! Not much for 2 -6 year olds to do. There’s one playground but they weren’t interested in doing that all day.

The big kids loved the alpine slide and mountain coasters. Did them over and over.

We got there early enough Sunday we did rope course Sunday. Then a barbecue behind our little house. The whole day Monday did the rides. We checked out Tuesday and did a hike nearby with waterfall. Think it’s called Bish bash

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 11:33 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
We went a few years ago. My big kids loved it!! Not much for 2 -6 year olds to do. There’s one playground but they weren’t interested in doing that all day.

The big kids loved the alpine slide and mountain coasters. Did them over and over.

We got there early enough Sunday we did rope course Sunday. Then a barbecue behind our little house. The whole day Monday did the rides. We checked out Tuesday and did a hike nearby with waterfall. Think it’s called Bish bash

Where did u stay? I’m having a hard time finding a reasonably priced place to stay with 2/3 bedroom

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 11:46 am
There were small houses right by jiminy peak with pools for every few houses. We also went swimming! There’s also minyan and kosher pizza right where u walk in

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 11:49 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
There were small houses right by jiminy peak with pools for every few houses. We also went swimming! There’s also minyan and kosher pizza right where u walk in

Do u happen to remember the name of where you stayed? Is it on Jiminy peaks grounds? They have like condos but they seemed pretty overpriced.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 11:49 am
There’s little houses right across or down the road

I just looked up condos;

We have limited or no availability. Please call our resort at 413-738-5500 x6201 for other options.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 11:53 am
We didn’t pay so much for a 2 bedroom house and couch opened to bed with kitchen and porch but everything more expensive now with corona

asmileaday

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 12:13 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

The minyan and kosher food is only there certain weeks I don't know what it's like now with Covid.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 12:46 pm
We're staying at Wyndham Bentley Brook.
I think we're paying around 550$ for 4 nights

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
There’s little houses right across or down the road

I just looked up condos;

We have limited or no availability. Please call our resort at 413-738-5500 x6201 for other options.

Thank you for this!

I called and they have 2 bedroom suites but you have to stay a minimum of 3 nights.
1 bedroom suites you can stay 1-2 nights.
I decided to switch our reservations from adjoining hotel rooms in Pittsfield to 2 one bedroom suites right on the mountain. I asked for suites right next door to each other so I guess we’ll split up for sleeping but we’ll have the convenience of being right by the attractions, kosher food and minyanim.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:14 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Mountain Adventure Park

Aerial Adventure Park

Thank you!

asmileaday

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for this!

I called and they have 2 bedroom suites but you have to stay a minimum of 3 nights.
1 bedroom suites you can stay 1-2 nights.
I decided to switch our reservations from adjoining hotel rooms in Pittsfield to 2 one bedroom suites right on the mountain. I asked for suites right next door to each other so I guess we’ll split up for sleeping but we’ll have the convenience of being right by the attractions, kosher food and minyanim.

Did you double check that there actually is right now kosher food and minyanim?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics