Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Help me compose memories of my grandfather

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:55 pm
For his first yartzeit coming up soon 😢 I don’t know where to start or how to write. Anyone have some generic lines that I can then make more personal? Writing was my worst subject!

PP31419

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 12:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For his first yartzeit coming up soon 😢 I don’t know where to start or how to write. Anyone have some generic lines that I can then make more personal? Writing was my worst subject!
for me it’s easier when I just jot down bullet points rather than formal paragraphs. Such as - I remember:
1. His smile
2. How he used to tease me and call me Mickey Moshe
3. How he used to always used to say a certain phrase
4. How he always added 6 tbsp sugar tl hka coffee

Ok these points are all made up obviously but my point is to keep it simple and don’t get caught up in the how to write.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 2:09 am
Whenever I see/hear/smell ______, I think of Zaidy. (Explain why, or describe how it was by Zaidy)

But Zaidy was much more than that. Zaidy's _______ (quality - like emes, determination, humor, etc.) was always something that stood out to me.

I clearly remember (describe incident that illustrated how Zaidy had that quality).

This will forever be part of his legacy to me. (Describe how you once had a "Zaidy moment" where you also used that quality in yourself, or how his example enabled you to make the right choice.)

I hope to bring Zaidy everlasting nachas. I will miss him always.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:16 am
Can you canvass relatives for their memories? With enough info (like the suggestions above) it might start to write itself. Hatzlacha, and hugs!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club