Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Dishes in drainer aka household blindness
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:53 am
soap suds wrote:
No, it’s not. Normal male behaviour would be to take a clean plate from the cabinet and leave it in the sink, dirty. No water dripping over dry dishes.

LOL

Petra

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:05 am
OP
I think your family demonstrates above average behavior. They at least wash the dishes they use. You have been successful in training that step. I suspect many of us are struggling with family members that just use up all the dishes and then leave them on the counter for someone else to clean. In my family, they just leave them where they last used them until I tell them to take care of their dishes because a "maid does not work here".

On that note, I just don't get why some in my family leave their shoes in the bathroom after a shower. Leave socks on the floor where they last took them off, clothes on the bedroom floor...I just don't get it.

giselle

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:12 am
No this is not normal behavior - your kids actually wash the dishes?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:51 am
Not kids--dh.
But yes, my dc wash dishes in their own homes. I taught them early. By the time they were in fourth grade they had regular jobs in rotation: setting the table, clearing it, washing dishes. Did they do it all gleefully? Probably not. But they grew up knowing dishes don't wash themselves.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics