Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How come no one stopped the abuse?????
  Previous  1  2  3  4 14  15  16  Next

Rappel

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:24 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Rappel, sad this is, but why shocked? unfortunately abuse is more prevalent in Israeli/Jewish communities just like it is everywhere else Sad

Ever look up crime and prison statistics in Israel? The ethnicity gap is notable in every category. Slam me for being politically incorrect, but the numbers don't lie: Israel would be a very tame country if it were populated only by Jews.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:26 pm
Delete

Last edited by amother on Wed, Aug 12 2020, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:27 pm
Rappel wrote:
So what do you do to make sure this isn't happening in your children's ganim/schools?

I don't think DS was ever abused by his ganenot - but at the age of imagination, if he said "Chagit hit me," would I believe him? When I know her as an upstanding member of the community, friendly and responsible? How would I discern the truth?

On a different note: Do you think the camera law will actually happen?

You discern differences in behavior. But that's really hard to do when the child hasn't been at home for long periods since s/he was born, so you don't have "normal behavior" versus "maon-induced behavior." And if your child says "Chagit hit me" then you send him with an MP3 hidden in his backpack.

About the law - it did already happen. Many facilities have installed cameras. The rest of the law, though, hasn't really been implemented. But technically speaking any childcare center with over 7 children must have a camera on site.

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:29 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Im honestly scared to send my kids to gan. I daven.
But there is no one perfect.
I send presents throughout the year, that is bribery, but it helps.
And I try my hardest to be a good, positive mother to build up my kids.
We cant wrap them in bubble wrap, much as I would like...☺☺

I'm sorry, but I don't think this sentence applies to such young children.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:30 pm
A maon is too institutionalised.
With a private babysitter, you can choose, you might know her well and it's a more chilled, homey setting...

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:32 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
NO! Just NO! That is ridiculous. Don’t take it out on the kids. Adults have a choice. These kids did not.
Don’t work with kids if you have no patience for them

They do this job to live!to pay their rent and the bread ! not for the love of children!
Why סייעות don't need qualifications!?!? Not in ganims , maonims, specials class!?! So you can give them a ridiculous Salary!!! They don't have any qualifications!!! every body can take care of special child or a baby or a toddler!!???
They don't have qualifications,so not a lot of opportunities ,so they take this job .And the gouvernement can abuse them ....

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:32 pm
banana123 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't think this sentence applies to such young children.

Babies, please wrap in bubble wrap, but once they gotta go to gan chovah, please daven.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
They do this job to live!to pay their rent and the bread ! not for the love of children!
Why סייעות don't need qualifications!?!? Not in ganims , maonims, specials class!?! So you can give them a ridiculous Salary!!! They don't have any qualifications!!! every body can take care of special child or a baby or a toddler!!
The gouvernement has a lot to change!!

Okay. You're right. But just so that you understand:

If you insist on qualifications and training, then the number of applicants for these jobs will drop drastically. They don't have the money for trainings, they don't have the time, and it's not worth it for that kind of salary and those kinds of hours. So then you get what you want, and they find a different job to do (or work illegally, for parents who don't care).

But then you have to deal with a serious shortage of childcare providers, or else you have to raise the salary significantly and improve the working conditions, which means parents pay more, which parents are unwilling to do.

So you can blame the government as much as you want but until parents are willing to pay more money in gan fees and also pay more money for after-gan care, the government's hands are tied.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:36 pm
A maon is too institutionalised.
With a private babysitter, you can choose, you might know her well and it's a more chilled, homey setting...

We did that. It costs a fortune if you need it full-time, and a small fortune for part time.

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:38 pm
Babies, please wrap in bubble wrap, but once they gotta go to gan chovah, please daven.

The gan in question is for 0-3yos.

Gan chova is an entirely different story and that's not what we're talking about here. Gan chova also usually has a trained ganenet. Totally totally different.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:38 pm
Why סייעות don't need qualifications!?!? Not in ganims , maonims, specials class!?! So you can give them a ridiculous Salary!!! They don't have any qualifications!!! every body can take care of special child or a baby or a toddler!!
The gouvernement has a lot to change!!

It's also about making their job slightly easier. So that they can focus on their kids. If they arent so rushed and pressured and maybe had some more helpers, they would be able to hold a crying baby, not ignore it.

In the maon I worked at, there were not enough chairs for all the gannenet to sit on. Im talking about plastic chairs. Either we sat on kid chairs or we stood. That doesnt quite help the gannenet to look after the kids.

It's a flawed system. It needs big change, or more stories will keep coming out. Because they are happening in lots of other places.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:46 pm
It's also about making their job slightly easier. So that they can focus on their kids. If they arent so rushed and pressured and maybe had some more helpers, they would be able to hold a crying baby, not ignore it.

In the maon I worked at, there were not enough chairs for all the gannenet to sit on. Im talking about plastic chairs. Either we sat on kid chairs or we stood. That doesnt quite help the gannenet to look after the kids.

It's a flawed system. It needs big change, or more stories will keep coming out. Because they are happening in lots of other places.

Exactly!!!!

happy chick

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:03 pm
I. AM. SPEECHLESS. And crying for these poor babies!

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 7:27 pm
It looks like the centers owner had a lot to do with it. She witnessed the abuse and even participated sometimes.
But I don’t get why Israel doesn’t have a mandated reporter law like we do in the us.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:01 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
It looks like the centers owner had a lot to do with it. She witnessed the abuse and even participated sometimes.
But I don’t get why Israel doesn’t have a mandated reporter law like we do in the us.

In Israel everyone is a mandated reporter, but then you have people saying that Jews are not allowed to report another Jew to authorities - so what then?

This doesn't help when a lot of people send to illegal gananot that are not under any governmental supervision whatsoever. It's just a lady trying to figure out how many toddlers she can cram into her living room.

All those innocent little babies in the video, they were too young to even talk. Completely helpless, and probably didn't even understand why they were being hit and kicked. At one point one of the morahs smacks a kid in the head, and then you see her laughing! It's horrible, simply inexcusable.

At nap time, one toddler dares to lift his head up off of the mat, and he gets kicked in the head. He just lies there, like he's used to it. You can tell they've come to the conclusion that this is normal and to be expected.

I'm going to say something really controversial, and I'm ready for the tomatoes:

If men would put down a sefer long enough to earn a decent living, more women would be free to stay home with their kids for the first few years. They can always learn at a night seder, or put aside a few hours in the evening for a chavrusa. Learning is important, but so is the lives of your children.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:45 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
In Israel everyone is a mandated reporter, but then you have people saying that Jews are not allowed to report another Jew to authorities - so what then?

This doesn't help when a lot of people send to illegal gananot that are not under any governmental supervision whatsoever. It's just a lady trying to figure out how many toddlers she can cram into her living room.

All those innocent little babies in the video, they were too young to even talk. Completely helpless, and probably didn't even understand why they were being hit and kicked. At one point one of the morahs smacks a kid in the head, and then you see her laughing! It's horrible, simply inexcusable.

At nap time, one toddler dares to lift his head up off of the mat, and he gets kicked in the head. He just lies there, like he's used to it. You can tell they've come to the conclusion that this is normal and to be expected.

I'm going to say something really controversial, and I'm ready for the tomatoes:

If men would put down a sefer long enough to earn a decent living, more women would be free to stay home with their kids for the first few years. They can always learn at a night seder, or put aside a few hours in the evening for a chavrusa. Learning is important, but so is the lives of your children.

FF, you asked for tomatoes and here they come:

None of those children seemed to have come from religious homes, let alone kollel families.

sub

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:46 pm
Why סייעות don't need qualifications!?!? Not in ganims , maonims, specials class!?! So you can give them a ridiculous Salary!!! They don't have any qualifications!!! every body can take care of special child or a baby or a toddler!!???
They don't have qualifications,so not a lot of opportunities ,so they take this job .And the gouvernement can abuse them ....

Baloney, bull,copout, they should get training for other jobs such as cashiers. Don’t work with kids if you can’t handle the crying and noise and everything that comes with the job.
This video shows a רשעות. Look at them , one of then is laughing. One takes her shoe off and hits a child on the head. There is no excuse for what goes on in this video.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:49 pm
sub wrote:
Baloney, bull,copout, they should get training for other jobs such as cashiers. Don’t work with kids if you can’t handle the crying and noise and everything that comes with the job.
This video shows a רשעות. Look at them , one of then is laughing. One takes her shoe off and hits a child on the head. There is no excuse for what goes on in this video.

I agree. There's never a good enough excuse for acting so badly.

I mean, by that reasoning you can excuse the Nazis...

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:54 pm
Did I see a child being picked up by their hair? Crying

sub

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:54 pm
And btw, prison is too good for them.
I don’t even want to write what Punishment they deserve.
Page 3 of 16   Previous  1  2  3  4 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics