Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please help! Metallic taste
Previous  1  2

snowflake1

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 11:57 am
Narbin wrote:
My brother is experiencing this and his doctor told him to do the essential oil training. Then he went to ENT and he said it’s nerve damage. The ENT enrolled him in a clinical trial at Mount Sinai in Manhattan that’s using steroids and omegas as a possible treatment.

Would you be able to get the phone number for the trial? I would look into that thank you so much

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:18 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I was lucky. I got my smell and taste back after a week. (Though I was fairly sick.) It took another week or more for water not to taste metallic. And something weird just started a few minutes later - bag salads all seem to taste off but in a way I've never tasted before, and it's just me.

Watermelon, cucumbers, bag salad... anything with a lot of water tastes and smells terrible to me.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 10:03 pm
My friend is suffering terribly a few months after recovering from Covid, lots of foods taste metallic and burnt and it's really effecting her overall.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:24 pm
Wow, I have been experiencing exactly this! About 3 months after I had COVID, once I had already gotten my sense of smell and taste back, I began having these issues. Yes, fish, eggs, watermelon, cucumbers, apples,etc. are intolerable. Mint flavored items and many cosmetics smell metallic too. I am relieved to hear I am not alone with this.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics