Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Earliest a girl wax eyebrows

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:57 pm
Without teaching them to be vain?

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 2:19 pm
When they ask

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:48 pm
agree, when it starts bothering them. my daughter starting asking when she was almost 13. I let her get for yom tov, and not a full shape, just between her eyebrows and lip. and I bought her a tweezer to upkeep it.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:58 pm
I think it depends on the shape and size, if someone is particularly hairy than I would start young, before they get too self conscience but otherwise I would leave it till around age 16 I think. Unless they feel that they need it. I think it's important for a girl to feel good with herself

little neshamala

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:02 pm
I remember girls in my class got their eyebrows waxed when I was in 7th grade. My own eyebrows were bushy and I felt ugly and my mother didnt let me touch them even with tweezers because I was "too young" and I felt AWFUL. AWFULAWFUL AWFUL

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:09 pm
I began when I was 11. Had a monobrow and my older sister waxed it off for me. I remember my mother was really mad.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:15 pm
I took my daughter for electrolysis starting right after puberty (her period) for her unibrow. She still has bushy-ish eyebrows but she no longer has a unibrow.

banana split

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:25 pm
I started in 7th grade. I don’t understand why a mom wouldn’t let when the girl asks

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:28 pm
What about if she doesn't want to but she is in HS and it is bad?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:36 pm
My mom took me to do it the first time after 12th grade, when I was scheduled to have my face done for a wedding. I was terrified and didn't want to go. The next time I went was for my own wedding. Even now, I go about three times a year. Some people go younger, some go when they're older, some never go. I'd probably wait for her to ask, unless it's really really bad in which case I'd give her the option.
My sister had kids in her class start electrolysis when they were in seventh or eighth grade, I don't think that's really fair. Kids that age are too young to make such a permanent decision.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:39 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
My mom took me to do it the first time after 12th grade, when I was scheduled to have my face done for a wedding. I was terrified and didn't want to go. The next time I went was for my own wedding. Even now, I go about three times a year. Some people go younger, some go when they're older, some never go. I'd probably wait for her to ask, unless it's really really bad in which case I'd give her the option.
My sister had kids in her class start electrolysis when they were in seventh or eighth grade, I don't think that's really fair. Kids that age are too young to make such a permanent decision.

My daughter had a uni-brow. I definitely didn't want anyone to make fun of her. But she isn't going for full-on brow shaping.... I agree that anything more should be her decision.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:11 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
I think it depends on the shape and size, if someone is particularly hairy than I would start young, before they get too self conscience but otherwise I would leave it till around age 16 I think. Unless they feel that they need it. I think it's important for a girl to feel good with herself

16????

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:12 pm
I was 8 I think. I did the middle. I was bullied and my mother took me that day to get the middle done.
Whats the big deal?

I dont get some of these posts lol its not s-xualizing your daughter to tweeze her unibrow...

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:13 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

Electrolysis for their eyebrows or for other parts of their face? I dont know any woman now who walks around with a unibrow. She'll have to take care of it sooner or later. How is seventh/eighth grade too young to make a 'permanent decision' to not have a unibrow?

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:37 pm
oy, I should have been more assertive. my mom said 9th grade, and I was too good to fight it, but I remember being self conscious about the bushiness. for my eighth grade yearbook picture, I used a nail scissors to try to fix it up myself, but that was a really bad idea... I will let my daughters go when they start to care and ask.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:40 pm
Hi I wanted to add a question to this post..my daughter is 10 and has really hairy legs...should I wait for her to care and ask? Or should I present her with the shaver etc..and show her how? I dont want to make it into a big deal but shes super hairy...

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 7:20 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Hi I wanted to add a question to this post..my daughter is 10 and has really hairy legs...should I wait for her to care and ask? Or should I present her with the shaver etc..and show her how? I dont want to make it into a big deal but shes super hairy...

If it doesn't bother her....let it be. If your concerned it's bothering her but she foe some reason isn't opening up. Then maybe casually say something about yourself needing to shave and mention that when she's ready she can come to you.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 7:27 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
What about if she doesn't want to but she is in HS and it is bad?

Her body her choice. Don’t make her feel bad about herself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics