Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Mothers selling children into slavery
Previous  1  2

challahchallah

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:54 pm
It’s not necessary to force or coerce in order to drop the birth rate. Just giving women access to education reduces the number of children they have on average on a population scale.

https://ourworldindata.org/gra.....ility

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:04 pm
challahchallah wrote:
It’s not necessary to force or coerce in order to drop the birth rate. Just giving women access to education reduces the number of children they have on average on a population scale.

https://ourworldindata.org/gra.....ility

Closing schools for the pandemic endangers these girls because of the threat of child marriage. Laws forcing girls to attend school are instrumental in delaying marriage until adulthood. It should be against the law for girls to leave school. This is one way to lower the birth rate in a moral way.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:02 am
This is heartbreaking

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:44 am
If you think children in America aren’t being trafficked, you need to open up your eyes....

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:21 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
If you think children in America aren’t being trafficked, you need to open up your eyes....

In a country of 330 million people, I suppose there is some child trafficking.

But the top countries for child trafficking are Russia (N Korean kids are trafficked to work in Russian factories), China (forced labor, plus men looking for brides), Iran, Belarus, Venezuela. There is sx trafficking in some Asian countries, and children are trafficked (or kidnapped) to serve as soldiers in many African nations.

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:23 am
Haven't read the whole thread but Jews were also complicit in white slavery at the turn of the 19th century. Poor Jewish girls would get tricked into thinking they were getting a domestic service job in south America, on the boat they found they were duped. The community in one city even had a seperate cemetery for these poor victims. (I bet they had no issue burying the pimps in the regular cemetery Sad )

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:58 am
DrMom wrote:
In a country of 330 million people, I suppose there is some child trafficking.

But the top countries for child trafficking are Russia (N Korean kids are trafficked to work in Russian factories), China (forced labor, plus men looking for brides), Iran, Belarus, Venezuela. There is sx trafficking in some Asian countries, and children are trafficked (or kidnapped) to serve as soldiers in many African nations.

I didn’t say it was the top or even near the top of the list in which human trafficking occurs. I was just making a statement, because it seemed as though the conversation was only for used on certain countries, very far from home. Unfortunately we don’t have to look that far to see where human trafficking occurs.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 7:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just read online about mothers in poor countries selling their kids into slavery. It hurts me so much to hear about this it causes me to fall in into depression just to know that things like this happen in this world. How could a mom sell their child into slavery?

This is why some people think that worrying about outfit coordination for kids that is ofter a topic on this forum is ridiculous ans out of place.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics