Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How come no one stopped the abuse?????
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 14  15  16  Next

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:09 am
sub wrote:
And btw, prison is too good for them.
I don’t even want to write what Punishment they deserve.

We don't give that punishment to murderers who pride themselves on it and say they would do it again in a heartbeat.

We don't give that punishment to abusive parents or zxual predators of either gender.

I think prison is just fine for these ladies.

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:14 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
You may be right, but how can you tell from such blurry footage? I saw what looks like boys with their hair up in a bun, which means that they will be getting an upsherin in a year or so. That's the only real detail I could make out. None of the kids looked like they were even 2 years old yet, so I wouldn't expect the girls to be in skirts that young. I could be wrong through.

I'll also admit that there are people who dump their kids in maonot the second they can, because they don't want to take care of their kids.

I don't understand how anyone can have a baby, and then just go back to work as soon as they are up and walking around. Why even bother having kids, if you're going to give them to strangers to raise them?

The kids may come from a two family home, but if they never see their family, then what's the point? Kids with a single "welfare mom" who stays home with them are better off than kids who have a career mom who is never around.

I don't believe that it's so important for an infant to have socialization with other kids. I've actually heard that more than once. I'd love to know how that works. "So, Sarale, how's that diaper change working out? Had any good bottles lately?"

The footage is blurred because only the identities of the adults were cleared for public viewing. And you should know that the clientele are not religious because:

1) None of the staff seem to be religious
2) Photos released of some of the parents show clearly that they are not religious (you are in Israel - so I expect that this is not the first you've heard of this case)
3) Ramle is not a particularly religious city
4) We all know that if someone in this case had been religious, it would've been all over the news
5) Lots of people like long hair on toddler boys, simply because it's cute and they don't want their baby looking like a big kid yet

Israelis somehow believe that all kids need socialization, starting from birth. I think it's leftover from the children's homes on kibbutzim.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:15 am
Hi - I just want to say I posted about this many many times anon. I worked for about a year in a company of maons. I was a substitute for the company and worked every day in different places, with different people.

I went to at least 15 maons.

What you are seeing in this video is NORMAL.

I've seen people yell at 2 year olds when changing them (WHY do you have such a dirty diaper! Don't you know you are so disgusting).

Withholding water and food to children.

Not changing childrens diapers.

Leave children in the yard for 15 minutes with no adults.

Smoke outside with the children.

Lightly hit the child, push them too hard, everything you see in the video.

There was at least 1-3 workers in every maon I worked in like that.
They don't even preform a background check on you when you join, you don't need to have any experience with children either.

I spoke to my boss about people I thought were abusive. No one cared. No one believed me. Some of these people are the most two faced people who the parents LOVE.

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:16 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Maon is a little different than just babysitting. It’s government run and subsidized based on how many hours a parent works. It’s one of the few options for people who work long hours - some of the maons can be from 7 am -5 from as young as 5 months.

This was a private maon, not government-run and not subsidized. At least, I'm pretty sure it was.

And, children can enter ma'on as young as three months - the moment the mother's paid maternity leave is up.

Last edited by banana123 on Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:17 am
#BestBubby wrote:
If I were dictator I would outlaw mothers working if their kids are under two.

I would give a stipend.

When children are verbal they are much safer from abuse/neglect.

One never knows with babies.

While this level of abuse is hopefully rare, I believe it is damaging to babies to
be so many hours even in a "good" daycare.

(I'll duck the tomatoes...)

I usually vehemently disagree with your opinions but on this I agree. Though the stipend would need to be a living wage and in Israel it would need to include social benefits such as pension.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:22 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
It's horrible!!! just horrible!!!!
You know why it happened? Because they worked from 7.00am(or7.30am)till 4.30pm or 5pm. With the Minimum Salary . they have to do Everything Just everything!!! for the kids and others!!! The cleaning (bathroom kitchen each rooms ...)change the kids ,play , take care,feed them...
It's non stop for the most ridiculous Salary!!! They have two vacation for the all year!!! They are slaves !!!slaves!!!!so they created a שינאה for this poor innocent children!
Why in Israel it's the "assistants" who have to do the cleaning job? Why there is no cleaning lady in maonims and ganims????

I think this CAUSES a lot of abuse.
Alot of people need a quick job fast - and maon is what they find. They never wanted to be there. Do you know how many workers came and left and came and left the whole time I was there? Some groups of kids had 5 metapelets.

Half the people working there were young kids straight out of high school trying to save up for college and this was the only local job they could find. Most people working don't care about the kids.

Do you know what happened on the menehelet (boss) of the branch's day off? The kids were ignored in most maon. There was be 40-50 toddlers playing in the same yard, quished for 3 hours while the workers sat in one corner and just talked and hung out and smoked.

Even when the boss was there some groups of kids were ignored for up to an hour at a time. Their overseer, metapelet would go outside and talk on the phone and leave her whole group to wander around the room alone playing with toys with no supervision.

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:26 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Hi - I just want to say I posted about this many many times anon. I worked for about a year in a company of maons. I was a substitute for the company and worked every day in different places, with different people.

I went to at least 15 maons.

What you are seeing in this video is NORMAL.

I've seen people yell at 2 year olds when changing them (WHY do you have such a dirty diaper! Don't you know you are so disgusting).

Withholding water and food to children.

Not changing childrens diapers.

Leave children in the yard for 15 minutes with no adults.

Smoke outside with the children.

Lightly hit the child, push them too hard, everything you see in the video.

There was at least 1-3 workers in every maon I worked in like that.
They don't even preform a background check on you when you join, you don't need to have any experience with children either.

I spoke to my boss about people I thought were abusive. No one cared. No one believed me. Some of these people are the most two faced people who the parents LOVE.

That's really scary. I mean, I know it's common, but I didn't think it was the norm.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:28 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

Even when the boss was there some groups of kids were ignored for up to an hour at a time. Their overseer, metapelet would go outside and talk on the phone and leave her whole group to wander around the room alone playing with toys with no supervision.

If they had toys...

In the maon where I worked, there were barely any toys. Often the kids walked around doing nothing. Nothing.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:29 am
banana123 wrote:
That's really scary. I mean, I know it's common, but I didn't think it was the norm.

Yup.
I wanted to do something. I tried.

There's not much you can do except tell the parents a lot of whom need the money so will be in denial and if I did I would of lost my job.

Perhaps I should of said something after I left - but I didn't.

I wouldn't now how to contact the parents..

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:31 am
banana123 wrote:

Sorry to open your eyes, but it is def the norm. If the parents knew how neglected their kids are and how they are treated, no one would send...
Where I worked, thete was only ONE metapelet who actually loved her kids and looked after them properly. ONE. Out of 20+ metaplot.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:37 am
sub wrote:
Frantic
You are experienced with nannying,
Maybe you should open a maon
At least those kids would be in good hands.

I would never have little kids in my home. I live in a studio apartment with antiques, computer wires, and all kinds of child hazards around. I doubt I could make it toddler safe if I tried.

If anyone in Beit Shemesh needs some extra help, I'm looking for afternoon hours, around 2pm to bath and bedtime. I can fold laundry, tidy up toys, and make supper, too. I have solid local references who you can call.

One of them is on Imamother. Both references are Charedi, so you will know that I keep all appropriate standards in their home. I dress tznius, don't chat with the father, and always ask questions before using the kitchen. I never assume that something is meat or dairy until I am completely familiar - and then I usually ask again anyway unless it's really obvious. (If I accidentally treif something that can't be kashered, I will replace it at my own cost.)

I'm a very huggy person, so if your kids are clingy or need to be held a lot, that is absolutely fine. I love it!

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:44 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Sorry to open your eyes, but it is def the norm. If the parents knew how neglected their kids are and how they are treated, no one would send...
Where I worked, thete was only ONE metapelet who actually loved her kids and looked after them properly. ONE. Out of 20+ metaplot.

I don't send to maon.

But you are wrong. Parents would send, because as Ruby said, most of them are in denial. The only reason this case isn't being shoved under the rug is because the parents saw footage that they could not deny the accuracy of.

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:44 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Yup.
I wanted to do something. I tried.

There's not much you can do except tell the parents a lot of whom need the money so will be in denial and if I did I would of lost my job.

Perhaps I should of said something after I left - but I didn't.

I wouldn't now how to contact the parents..

You did your best. Don't blame yourself. Heart

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:49 am
banana123 wrote:
You did your best. Don't blame yourself. Heart

Thanks - I really love the kids and the job. Even though it was hard and physically draining. I just understood financially and energy wise it's not sustainable as a career and I wouldn't want to send my own kids, and I would want to have energy for my own kids even if I would work part time. (I was single at the time)

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:51 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Thanks - I really love the kids and the job. Even though it was hard and physically draining. I just understood financially and energy wise it's not sustainable as a career and I wouldn't want to send my own kids, and I would want to have energy for my own kids even if I would work part time. (I was single at the time)

I totally hear you. I also did a stint in early childcare. I loved the kids but it was far from easy.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:56 am
banana123 wrote:
I totally hear you. I also did a stint in early childcare. I loved the kids but it was far from easy.

The kids were the best. Goodness, how I loved the kids. I still remember so many of them. I worked with over 100-200 kids that year since I was a sub. That was really difficult, remembering that many names but it was so much fun!

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:45 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I would never have little kids in my home. I live in a studio apartment with antiques, computer wires, and all kinds of child hazards around. I doubt I could make it toddler safe if I tried.

If anyone in Beit Shemesh needs some extra help, I'm looking for afternoon hours, around 2pm to bath and bedtime. I can fold laundry, tidy up toys, and make supper, too. I have solid local references who you can call.

One of them is on Imamother. Both references are Charedi, so you will know that I keep all appropriate standards in their home. I dress tznius, don't chat with the father, and always ask questions before using the kitchen. I never assume that something is meat or dairy until I am completely familiar - and then I usually ask again anyway unless it's really obvious. (If I accidentally treif something that can't be kashered, I will replace it at my own cost.)

I'm a very huggy person, so if your kids are clingy or need to be held a lot, that is absolutely fine. I love it!

Hey ff, we are considering moving to beit shemesh. I think this is the clincher☺☺

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:55 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Hey ff, we are considering moving to beit shemesh. I think this is the clincher☺☺

Awww, that's sweet of you to say!

Seriously, DD is almost an adult, and I'm missing her like crazy. Taking care of kids gives me a new lease on life. I definitely get as much out of it as I give.

PS: I also help with homework and do art projects. Wink

sub

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 7:16 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Not in your house. Open a proper one and you be the director and hire and train nannies
They need someone like you to be in charge

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 7:37 am
It is so sad and terrible to hear on this thread that given this set up and lack of accountability it sounds like it is not as uncommon as I would have believed.
Extremely disturbing. Beyond. Though yes I prefer learning the truth even when so upsetting. I truly daven some good can come out of their tragedy and systemic approach to improve and address this horrid system.

Like nursing homes these are some of our most vulnerable populations! IY"H this will create better system. Those poor babies and families.

I guess these posts do "explain" how such abuse can go unreported and addressed. Unbelievable.
Page 5 of 16   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics