Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
It makes me crazy!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:54 pm
[quote="amother [ Cyan ]"]OP kudos for recognizing the challenge and asking the question...

"Fast forward a few years. I still have a really hard time shopping for myself, though I'm learning how to develop my own taste. I keep hearing her voice and second guessing myself. I just wish I could have started learning and figuring out how to dress myself back in my early teens."

I feel for you. I'm not sure if my mother ever shopped for herself. Don't know what she did after marriage until my older sister was a teenager. My grandmother used to shop for her when she was growing up and once we grew up we took over. I remember being shocked when a friend mentioned that her mother bought a certain piece of clothing... for herself! mothers didn't buy themselves clothing in my house. Even for us it was something that my mother struggled with. I remember an aunt taking me shopping because she was horrified that I had only one shabbos dress. I didn't mind having only one dress but my aunt did.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children