Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Support shoes for wide feet for dh

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:13 am
My dh has wide feet and needs good support. His shoes literally wear down within months. The shoe laces always untie, even double knotted. Anyone have a decent black shoe to recommend?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:10 pm
Echo shoes will hold him up and they will hold up as well. When you need replacement shoes laces, buy the Echo brand only.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:32 am
ra_mom wrote:
Echo shoes will hold him up and they will hold up as well. When you need replacement shoes laces, buy the Echo brand only.

I looked for ecco shoes that come in wide and seems like they don't make them. Do you know if the regular size fit wide feet? I bought up a size, usually he's a 10.5 extra wide, so I bought the size 11/11.5 and they were too big in the back and gapping a bit. Any advice?

He doesn't take care of these things himself and I can't stand seeing him wearing worn down shoes that are hurting his feet.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:36 am
Does he use arches?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:38 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Does he use arches?
no. He probably could use them but getting him to go to a podiatrist is impossible...

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:15 pm
There is a store in New Jersey called runners high. They are experts in looking at the feet and matching up the most supportive pair.
Otherwise, you can’t go wrong with new balance sneakers.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
no. He probably could use them but getting him to go to a podiatrist is impossible...

Custom arches are best, but in a pinch, CVS arch support insoles are better than nothing.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I looked for ecco shoes that come in wide and seems like they don't make them. Do you know if the regular size fit wide feet? I bought up a size, usually he's a 10.5 extra wide, so I bought the size 11/11.5 and they were too big in the back and gapping a bit. Any advice?

He doesn't take care of these things himself and I can't stand seeing him wearing worn down shoes that are hurting his feet.

Some styles run wide. Do you have access to men's store that carries this brand so he can shop in person?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:06 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Some styles run wide. Do you have access to men's store that carries this brand so he can shop in person?

I do but he's such a busy guy and never makes time for himself. Was trying to help him...he actually said he used to get ecco shoes at the shoe store but life is crazy right now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics