Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Help! Re: Braun food processor

flowergirl8

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 10:08 pm
Please help! When I use the S blade to make anything, when the food gets too thin its just goes straight through into the bowl and doesn't get blended up. Sometimea the thin slices end up stuck between the top and the place where the blade goes in.

Can someone please please help! How can I get it to totally blend up and not leave thin chunks and slices

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:27 pm
I'm trying to understand what you mean. The S blade is the knife blade that is down in the bowl. How is the good getting to thin before it hits the bottle if the bowl with the knife? And why isn't the spinning knife at the bottom blending the food?

flowergirl8

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:44 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I'm trying to understand what you mean. The S blade is the knife blade that is down in the bowl. How is the good getting to thin before it hits the bottle if the bowl with the knife? And why isn't the spinning knife at the bottom blending the food?

Sorry I wasn't clear. Basically, the S blade on mine sits on a white round disc that sits on top of the bowl where the food that is processed goes into.
Let's say I put a potato inside the tunnel part. It will get processed perfectly. Until the potato is a thin slice left. Then that thin sloce will just go under the blade into the bowl beneath and wont be processed.
I tried to process a jalepeno last week and cut it into 2 strips. But they must have been too thin since they didnt process at all, the just slipped right under the disk into the bowl.

I'm sorry, it's hard to explain.

crust

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:56 pm
If you are making a small amount of anything or if its a spongy thing then that blade on the disk will do that.

The pusher helps but not for certain textures.
Sometimes its just easier to use the center blade.

flowergirl8

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 12:02 am
crust wrote:
If you are making a small amount of anything or if its a spongy thing then that blade on the disk will do that.

The pusher helps but not for certain textures.
Sometimes its just easier to use the center blade.

Thanks! I'll look into it. Just so frustrating to have spent so much on a food processor and not have it work perfectly.
Oh well

rischla

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 12:03 am
From what your descibing doesn’t sound like your using the S blade. The S blade doesnt work with that top circle it’s a white stick with just sharp blades at the bottom

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 12:07 am
rischla wrote:
From what your descibing doesn’t sound like your using the S blade. The S blade doesnt work with that top circle it’s a white stick with just sharp blades at the bottom

Correct. It sounds like you're using one of the slicing disks.

crust

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 12:11 am
imagirl wrote:
Thanks! I'll look into it. Just so frustrating to have spent so much on a food processor and not have it work perfectly.
Oh well

You just have to learn how it functions.

I've been using Braun since I remember and I cant be without it.

flowergirl8

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 8:15 am
The Braun I have has a white circle disc where the blades pop into. There is no stand alone disc

Can someone post a picture. I just dont know how to upload

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 8:25 am
imagirl wrote:
The Braun I have has a white circle disc where the blades pop into. There is no stand alone disc

Can someone post a picture. I just dont know how to upload

This is the S blade. It is used to puree or finely chop. It sits on the bottom of the food processor's bowl.
https://www.amazon.com/Braun-7.....psc=1

This is the disk that holds every other attachment on the braun. You can slip in a slicing blade, shredding, grinding, etc. It sits on top of the food processors bowl when in use.
https://www.amazon.com/Braun-7.....r=8-1

This is similar to the kugel grinding insert, that goes into the disk.
https://www.ereplacementparts......w_wcB
This is the slicing insert, that goes into the white disk above.
https://www.buyspares.com/prod.....ducts

flowergirl8

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:07 am
This is similar to the kugel grinding insert, that goes into the disk.
https://www.ereplacementparts......w_wcB

Thanks!! Seems I was calling this three S blade. This is what I use for kugel. That I'm having trouble with. Which should I be using

mommyhood

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:17 am
imagirl wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear. Basically, the S blade on mine sits on a white round disc that sits on top of the bowl where the food that is processed goes into.
Let's say I put a potato inside the tunnel part. It will get processed perfectly. Until the potato is a thin slice left. Then that thin sloce will just go under the blade into the bowl beneath and wont be processed.
I tried to process a jalepeno last week and cut it into 2 strips. But they must have been too thin since they didnt process at all, the just slipped right under the disk into the bowl.

I'm sorry, it's hard to explain.

That’s going to happen with any food processor, the last little piece just doesn’t process and I just toss it.
For the jalapeño I would use the s blade in the bottom of the bowl of the food processor to chop it.
https://www.amazon.com/Braun-7.....=8-14

flowergirl8

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:20 am
Thanks so much everyone!!

momX3

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:24 am
I use the kugel blade - and I have the same problem and usually just throw out the thin slices. Sometimes I will take them out and cut it up with a knife and throw it in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars